DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI - Not able to connect to controller after crash (gimbal and arm fixed)

marekp_83

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I crashed my drone - right arm and gimbal holder was broken,
I fixed gimbal with activator and glue for plastics and changed the arm and everything looked great...
After turning on self check (gimbal and arm) was without issues... I just couldnt connect to controller - yellow light is blinking and I tried firmware update, 4second hold connection, use different phone, connect previous right arm antena .... plastic cover on the bottom around the sensors is a little bit broken but black cover under looks ok and also main board...
Maybe something that is recieving the signal is missing? Hard reset I could do with drone? or whatever could help would be very appreciated
thank you very much20200606_131224[1].jpg20200606_131241[1].jpg

Uuuum if what you have done is to be taken literally, is the 4 sec button thing not to be done on both the controller and the drone? Maybe you have but it's not the way I read it

Hi everyone,
I crashed my drone - right arm and gimbal holder was broken,
I fixed gimbal with activator and glue for plastics and changed the arm and everything looked great...
After turning on self check (gimbal and arm) was without issues... I just couldnt connect to controller - yellow light is blinking and I tried firmware update, 4second hold connection, use different phone, connect previous right arm antena .... plastic cover on the bottom around the sensors is a little bit broken but black cover under looks ok and also main board...
Maybe something that is recieving the signal is missing? Hard reset I could do with drone? or whatever could help would be very appreciated
thank you very muchView attachment 103859View attachment 103860
I am having much the same problem, Mavic Mini crashed, replaced arm, turn on (drone/handset), all 4 motors twist and both units beep (ascending), camera does it s thing and centers but...
1) only able to connect handset to drone so I should be able to launch (won't do it but spun the rotors up)
2)Can't connect screen on tablet or phone so impossible to update, won't connect to DJI Assistant 2 either. Tablet screen shows standard connection failure prompt.
3)Camera whine/hum for a few seconds or till you tilt drone. Has only been issue since crash, centers fine during drone start up and this seems to be a reoccurring issue with the Mavic Mini that is not detrimental so just a note if not part of the issue. When drone on(rotors spinning) can't take pictures with handset either.

My drone has some 300 miles on it and has not been updated (nor can be???) in a month. Trouble shooting has included: changing out & reformatting the sd card; checking all connections (antennas too) under the hood; swapping screens; tried updating handset(error); trying to connect with DJI Assistant 2(error); looking for a hard-reset option (none available without drone connection???); swapping out handset-tablet cable; charged all batteries; reinstalled software (DJI Fly on tablet and DJI Assistant 2 on lappy).

Pretty much at the point where, if I don't hear a really stellar suggestion it may have to go back to DJI in China for repair.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada