DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini not flying correctly

Reactions
I’m hoping someone can help me here. I’ve opened up my brand new Mavic Mini and tried my first hover and flight indoors. After reading everything to the T and following all instructions my Mavic took off and hovered brilliantly I went up to a meter below ceiling level to test the cameras and controls and all seemed fine until I upgradedThe firmware then it started speeding up and crashed into a wall. Everything is dodgy now I’ve tried re calibrating compass and drone but it’s worse now when it rises it doesn’t hover still and flies fast so it’s uncontrollable and keeps going into walls so I have to grab it to stop it. Im afraid to take it outside (poor weather at moment) if it can’t hover and fly easily indoors. Can someone help me or have I got a faulty drone

Can someone help me or have I got a faulty drone
Can you provide the flight log from this? There could be several issues ( Including Firmware ) however, we will need the data to take a look.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hours do I obtain flight log
There are 2 logs recorded on the device you are flying with. One is a .txt log and the other a .dat log.
You can upload your .txt log directly here, or you can upload that to the link below and share a link to that back here.
I am including the upload link, because the instructions are there:

Log Viewer

For the .dat file see this link for instructions and upload that file here.

Retrieve a V3 DAT From Mobile Device

There are 2 logs recorded on the device you are flying with. One is a .txt log and the other a .dat log.
You can upload your .txt log directly here, or you can upload that to the link below and share a link to that back here.
I am including the upload link, because the instructions are there:

Log Viewer

For the .dat file see this link for instructions and upload that file here.

Retrieve a V3 DAT From Mobile Device

Is this what you mean. There are a load of .txt files but this is the top/latest one.

I have had a look at the log file but can't see anything wrong.
I am new at reading log files so I maybe wrong.

I’m hoping someone can help me here. I’ve opened up my brand new Mavic Mini and tried my first hover and flight indoors. After reading everything to the T and following all instructions my Mavic took off and hovered brilliantly I went up to a meter below ceiling level to test the cameras and controls and all seemed fine until I upgradedThe firmware then it started speeding up and crashed into a wall. Everything is dodgy now I’ve tried re calibrating compass and drone but it’s worse now when it rises it doesn’t hover still and flies fast so it’s uncontrollable and keeps going into walls so I have to grab it to stop it. Im afraid to take it outside (poor weather at moment) if it can’t hover and fly easily indoors. Can someone help me or have I got a faulty drone
Was it bright enough for the visual sensors to see what was under the drone.

Reactions: WooZie
Well I'd say it was. Can a few bangs into a wall affect it? I've tried re-calibrating everything but as soon as it hovers now it moves side to side then the motors go wild making it uncontrollable. As I said, it first hovered brilliantly and I ever so slightly moved joysticks to see how it reacted, then was checking things on the phone and then it started flying fast backwards into the wall. There's no damage / to the drone but I'm worried a few bumps into the wall whilst trying to fix it have affected it. Can anyone help? Is there a way to reset it back to factory settings when it came out of the box?

Well I'd say it was. Can a few bangs into a wall affect it? I've tried re-calibrating everything but as soon as it hovers now it moves side to side then the motors go wild making it uncontrollable. As I said, it first hovered brilliantly and I ever so slightly moved joysticks to see how it reacted, then was checking things on the phone and then it started flying fast backwards into the wall. There's no damage / to the drone but I'm worried a few bumps into the wall whilst trying to fix it have affected it. Can anyone help? Is there a way to reset it back to factory settings when it came out of the box?
Please check this video out

i tried hard resetting with DJI Mavic Assistant 2 and it gave the option to go back to the original older firmware so I did that first but there was no option to factory reset. However, after testing it outside on the original firmware it came with, I’m pleased to say it was like brand new out of the box and I even did my first flight with it yesterday outside as it’s the only chance I’ve had what with the bad weather. Thanks for your help. I’m looking forward to more flights already...

From what I have learned, unlike other DJI drones, the Mini is encrypted and DJI is not sharing the key.
The .DAT on the Mavic Mini itself is probably encrypted. But, the .DAT on the tablet running the Fly App isn't encrypted. Here are the instructions to retrieve the tablet .DAT.

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

The .DAT on the Mavic Mini itself is probably encrypted. But, the .DAT on the tablet running the Fly App isn't encrypted. Here are the instructions to retrieve the tablet .DAT.

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
Bud, I tried to use CvsView to open a .dat file from my iPhone and got the following message:

FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords/2019-12-28_10-22-41_FLY021.DAT is not a .DAT file produced by DJI Assistant 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll