DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini not rolling/pitching properly

ezrastiles

Reactions
Hi everyone—long time listener, first time caller, as they say.

Bought a Mavic Mini, my first serious drone, three weeks ago. For about two weeks I've been having a serious control issue. Either immediately after I take off, or about 20-30 seconds after I take off, the drone will not roll left/right or pitch forward/backward properly. It does so at 25-50% the normal speed, and with a weird crabbing motion where it will move left and forward at the same time, or back and right, when I've only commanded a left or right roll, for example.

At first I figured it was a propeller issue. Brand new propellers didn't help. Then a controller issue, but I've recalibrated the controller endless times and checked the flight logs and the controller seems to be transmitting fine. Software and firmware is totally updated. I'm now at the point where I do an IMU and compass reset after every single flight. This seems to work occasionally—i.e. about 1/4 of the time it will result in a flight with no control issues. But this seems sort of silly and not how the drone is supposed to work.

Appreciate any help you might have on this.

Hi everyone—long time listener, first time caller, as they say.

Bought a Mavic Mini, my first serious drone, three weeks ago. For about two weeks I've been having a serious control issue. Either immediately after I take off, or about 20-30 seconds after I take off, the drone will not roll left/right or pitch forward/backward properly. It does so at 25-50% the normal speed, and with a weird crabbing motion where it will move left and forward at the same time, or back and right, when I've only commanded a left or right roll, for example.

At first I figured it was a propeller issue. Brand new propellers didn't help. Then a controller issue, but I've recalibrated the controller endless times and checked the flight logs and the controller seems to be transmitting fine. Software and firmware is totally updated. I'm now at the point where I do an IMU and compass reset after every single flight. This seems to work occasionally—i.e. about 1/4 of the time it will result in a flight with no control issues. But this seems sort of silly and not how the drone is supposed to work.

Appreciate any help you might have on this.
first welcome to the forum,it sounds like you could have a faulty unit get in touch with DJI and opena case with them or depending where you purchased it from get a replacement under fit for purpose consumer laws

Reactions: ezrastiles
Have you refreshed the firmware on the AC / RC using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC ?

@Iannes only through the iPhone app. Is there a difference?

There is no difference, provided the firmware update worked correctly, sometimes there are issues.

With DJI Assistant 2 you can refresh the firmware any time you have an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929