DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini not sending data to remote

RobinTBW

Reactions
I have a Mavic Mini which I crashed into the pole of a parasol yesterday - it dropped about 2ft onto a table.

It seemed OK immediately after the crash, but today when I fired it up there seems to be no feedback from the drone to the controller/app.
It will fly and appears to obey the remote, but there is no picture or data coming back.
I tried looking at some settings, but almost everything is as if the drone isn't connected.

I suspect it's going to require sending in for repair, but wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue?

Does the phone indicate that it is being charged?
Are you certain that the controller to phone cable is correctly fitted to both the controller and the phone?
If you connect the phone to a computer can the computer send and recieve data to and from the phone?

Does the phone indicate that it is being charged?
Are you certain that the controller to phone cable is correctly fitted to both the controller and the phone?
If you connect the phone to a computer can the computer send and recieve data to and from the phone?
Hi Philius,

Thanks for the response.
All of the indications were (as you correctly surmised) that the phone wasn't connecting properly.
Before posting this thread, I had checked the connections, unplugged and then plugged back in and suchlike, and it didn't seem to help.

After reading your response, I connected the phone to my PC and it was OK, but I noticed it did need the USB cable to be pushed very firmly into the phone (more so than previously I think).
I gave it another try with the drone controller, and this time ensured that the cable was very firmly connected at both ends, and needless to say it's fine.

The phone is a 2.5 year old Sony Xperia which has a slimline case on it - it will actually fit to the controller in it's case, but that may be preventing the USB connector from getting fully home, so I'll make sure I always take it out of the case in future. There may also be an element of wear and tear to the phone and/or controller cable.

Funny how these things always work when someone else tells you to try something ?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Capt KO
No problem, you might also consider enlarging the USB port opening in the case, just on the off chance that the case has aged and changed a little bit.
Check the USB socket in the phone for fluff etc., depending on how good your eyes are a magnifying glass might be of use or another phone etc. with a magnifier app.
If you end up poking around in there be careful of the contact strips, I used either a sewing needle or a dentist type probe or half covered the socket with the thin nozzle of a vacuum cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for your loss. Hoe you had insurance or DJI refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser