DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini pairing issue

Parrnan

Reactions
Hello all. It is my first post here.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with that Mavic Mini pairing issue. I'm using a Samsung S9 phone and everytime I use the drone it never connect to the remote controler. I follow the steps rigourouly and nothing works. So every time I must loose 10 to 15 minutes to do the paring process many times before having the possibility to take off. Even when I replace the drone battery, I have to do the paring prosess again many times before being able to take off. It is very frustrating when I see other pilots never having to pair their drones... My brother has a Mavic Air 2 and he is ready to take off as soon has his drone and remote controler are power on...

Please note that my Samsung S9 is up to date with is updates. Same thing ofr the drone, every firmware is up to date.

Thanks.

Hi Parrnan Welcome to Mavic Pilots
Sorry to see you are having problems.
I don’t have a MM so am no help really.
The only thing I could suggest is uninstall & reinstall the DJI app ?

Are you having an issue with the pairing of the RC to the AC or is it with the DJI Fly app saying AC disconnected ?

Have you tried cleaning out the usb-c port on the S9, some lint might be affecting the connection ?

Reactions: colorado kid
Are you having an issue with the pairing of the RC to the AC or is it with the DJI Fly app saying AC disconnected ?

Have you tried cleaning out the usb-c port on the S9, some lint might be affecting the connection ?

I would say both as they seem to work together. When I click on "Connect Aircraft" on the DJI Fly app I get the message "RC not connected to Aircraft". Note that before clicking on "Connect Aircraft" I make sure that the RC and the aircraft are powered on.

It seems that I'm not the only one with that problem as I can see some Youtube videos of people with the same issue, infortunatly without any fix on their video. I would have included a link to one of these video but as I'm new on this forum I'm not sure if we area allowed to do so.

Note, the S9 is new, bought it brand new 6 month ago. But I'll check the USB port. Also, as someone suggested, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app on the phone, but without improvement.

Last edited:
Which Model number is your S9 and Provider. Seems right now that may be the problem.

Modelnumbers SM-G960F and SM-G960N have Exynos processor
Modelnumbers SM-G960U and SM-G960U1 have Qualcomm processor

The Exynos Processors are shown to cause issues from many reports.

And as strange as it sounds some people are reporting that flipping the USB-C cable into the phone works for them, while it shouldn't make any change, they are reporting it cleared their issue, doesn't work on one side, but does the other.:oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Which Model number is your S9 and Provider. Seems right now that may be the problem.

Modelnumbers SM-G960F and SM-G960N have Exynos processor
Modelnumbers SM-G960U and SM-G960U1 have Qualcomm processor

The Exynos Processors are shown to cause issues from many reports.

And as strange as it sounds some people are reporting that flipping the USB-C cable into the phone works for them, while it shouldn't make any change, they are reporting it cleared their issue, doesn't work on one side, but does the other.:oops:

Model number : SM-G960W
Provider : Koodo (owned by Telus)
Android version 10

I'll try to flip the cable, who knows ! I'll also try with another cable (I'm using the one provided with the drone), it will be a long cable but just for a test it don't matter.

I want to buy a cable to link the RC to my Samsung S9, to replace the supplied one that might be the cause of the problem. But I cannot find anywhere what is the exact name of the USB port on the RC. It does not look like a standard mini USB port, so what could it be ?

Last edited:
Try a different cable to connect the controller to the phone. The lightning cable that came with mine was detective out of the box!

Reactions: Parrnan
would I be right in saying you don't need your phone.. to connect your aircraft to the rc.. it should do it automatically so why would it be the lead??same shite is happening to me ,what I did for a bit was turn on rc first then ac wait for pairing then plug in phone to rc it worked... for a about a week but now aircraft is not pairing to rc again tried everything imaginagle last time could nt connect for 3 days of trying a dose to say the least...now same shite can't connect for the last 2 days getting sick of this crap....

I also thought that my rc and the ac weren’t pairing, but your rc needs to connect to your phone so everything works.

My suggestion would be to pull out the SD card from the Mini and see if it will connect. That's the issue I had, the card was corrupted. Formatted it on the computer and then the issue went away.

I want to buy a cable to link the RC to my Samsung S9, to replace the supplied one that might be the cause of the problem. But I cannot find anywhere what is the exact name of the USB port on the RC. It does not look like a standard mini USB port, so what could it be ?

It's a micro-A usb port, it's the same size as a normal micro usb except rectangular in shape
A normal micro usb port will still work with it.

1602084444207.png

Reactions: ff22 and Parrnan
It's a micro-A usb port, it's the same size as a normal micro usb except rectangular in shape
A normal micro usb port will still work with it.

View attachment 114621

Thanks.

I've ordered a cable (the link) yesterday, hope it will fit. The cable is for many Mavic drones, but as they do not specify "mavic mini", I've ordered it without knowing if it will fit.

My suggestion would be to pull out the SD card from the Mini and see if it will connect. That's the issue I had, the card was corrupted. Formatted it on the computer and then the issue went away.

I'll try it, who knows ! The sd card is new, formated on the drone. I'll try to format it on my laptop.

Thanks.

I've ordered a cable (the link) yesterday, hope it will fit. The cable is for many Mavic drones, but as they do not specify "mavic mini", I've ordered it without knowing if it will fit.

Make sure you orient it correctly when plugging it into the remote controller, you can see the tab in the port is in the lower half of the port

Hello all. It is my first post here.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with that Mavic Mini pairing issue. I'm using a Samsung S9 phone and everytime I use the drone it never connect to the remote controler. I follow the steps rigourouly and nothing works. So every time I must loose 10 to 15 minutes to do the paring process many times before having the possibility to take off. Even when I replace the drone battery, I have to do the paring prosess again many times before being able to take off. It is very frustrating when I see other pilots never having to pair their drones... My brother has a Mavic Air 2 and he is ready to take off as soon has his drone and remote controler are power on...

Please note that my Samsung S9 is up to date with is updates. Same thing ofr the drone, every firmware is up to date.

Thanks.
I thought it was just me. I’ve had those issues recently as well.

Reactions: Garlic
Thanks.

Hello all !

Just a quick status.

I've received the oredered cable (the one on the link) and with this cable everything works fine. The cable supplied with the Mavic Mini was the problem.

Thanks !

Troubleshooting considerations:
If the app is unable to communicate with RC (whether it be an RC or cable issue), app will say "RC disconnected"

If app is able to communicate with RC but RC is not connected to AC, then app will say "Aircraft disconnected" or something similar.

Regardless if app is connected to RC or not, if RC is connected to AC, LEDs on RC will stop blinking.

Once RC and AC are bound/paired, you should never have to pair again. An exception was during an early firmware update where something on the SD card from previous firmware version prevented AC from fully booting up. Booting up without SD or formatting SD cleared that up.
Under normal situations, it can take 30 seconds or so for AC to connect to RC where RC LEDs are no longer blinking.

Glad to hear the new cable solved your problem. I went from a bad cable to a defective rc. The only way I could get the rc to connect to my iPhone was to firmly tap on the back of the it. I just picked up a replacement combo kit at Best Buy this evening. The new rc connected to my iPhone the first time.
Thumbs up to DanMan32 for the great explanation on connecting and pairing!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User