DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini problem after first update ( yaw )

mrburns666

Reactions
Hi guys
Weird question...
I've my Mavic Mini since mid November and i only flying it in my home
I don't even use the camera i'm "flying to sight" and that's all i'm doing with it
Since i got my Mini,i never did one update cause everything was working
fine so "if it's not broken,don't fix it"...right ?
Well yesterday i've decide to "bite the bullet" and upgrade the Mavic Mini
...for no real reason without respecting my "if it's not broken,don't fix it"
Well...again DJI remind me why i never update my drone...
because most of the time there is no turning back possible

The only difference that i've notice and it's not a good one for me...
It seem that the " Yaw " control have change
Before the firmware update,the Yaw control was really "stiff",meaning that
as soon as i would stop yawing,left or right,the drone would stop turning
If you want to smooth yawing,all you had to do was to go smooth on the control.
Now it seem like DJI have add some "smoothness" to the Yaw control so
even if you stop yawing abruptly,the drone will stop but not abruptly like before.
It now stop in a smooth way all the time...
Meaning that if stop yawing abruptly,it still gonna turn about 30 degree more
which totally affect my month and half experience with it so far.
Is there a way to reset the whole firmware to the factory one cause the factory one
is not include in the list on the Assistant 2
Or is there a way to adjust the Yawn control in the Mavic Mini app ?
Thanks !!

Last edited:
Spell check. Spin left or right equals “yaw”.
Cant really help on this one as I am STILL on .300
Hope it works out. (usually does in the long run)

Reactions: mrburns666
Some updates are a wonderful tool. DJI finally got one out for the p4pV2 that was long overdue and is well worth doing. I think they could have done better on the new mini one. Seems to have provided some headaches for some folks.

The problem i've with DJI update is that you cannot always "go back" if for some reason you don't like the result of a new update.
When i've bought my first Phantom 4 Pro,this summer,that drone was rock solid kinda like "glue" in the air.
Most stable drone i've seen to this day...my two Inspire 2 are a real joke compare to that version of my P4P
I was quite a beginner at that time so i was not even aware of the firmware update...
Long story short,i've use my P4P with the factory firmware for 1 month and everything was perfect.
I've then learn about the firmware update...did one and my P4P never been as stable since that firmware update...
At that time i told myself "never again" but it seem that i got softer and did it again and again,learn the hard way...
Like i've said earlier..."if it's not broken...don't fix it"
The firmware update have their place,they can fix problem but they also can cause problem...
Just use them carefully...

Reactions: Peio64270
I reinstalled DJI assistant 2, because with that install I had no Mavic Mini detected. Just uninstall DJI assistant 2 download latest version and reinstall on your PC, reconnect follow instructions and you should get into the Mini settings. They are alike Spark and Pro. Tip the tap firmware and you should be able to downgrade to 1.00.003 or reset to factory settings. I didn't downgrade firmware on the controller whilst I had no pairing problems. Hope it fixes your problem. Be aware you need DJI assistant 2 for Mavic version V2.0.10.08 ! Uninstall V1.2.5.Dji assitant 2 for Mavic.jpg

Attachments

• dji assistant for mavic.jpg
    dji assistant for mavic.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Radiv52
I just did that...uninstall the previous version,download it again...install it and launch the new freshly installed version of Assistant 2
Still only have the same 3 Firmware choices and no "reset to Factory setting" option.
I've already try the 3 Firmware version and i'm now using the V01.00.0200,the oldest one available.
If i remember correctly ( not totally sure about that ) the version that i had before my very first update was V01.00.001

Attachments

• mavic mini assistant 2.png
    mavic mini assistant 2.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 25
Not sure, have to check tomorrow, bedtime in EU. But did it solve your problem ?

As I remember, the .300 firmware is a bit better than the .200
I think the .300 gets rid of the motor warnings?

But they all have the same "new" smooth yaw control...
I went thru my 3 battery today and i really didn't like the way the new yaw control react
I did a bunch a research and i don't think i can go back to the original firmware
I'll try for another few days and i'll sell my Mavic mini if i can return to what i had before
I've already fly for around 60 hours on it,i was really use to the control i had and the difference
is now a "deal breaker"...

If anyone has firmwares older than V01.00.0200 that would be amazing. Forcing ATTI mode (blocking vps sensors while having no gps) fixes the yaw issue if anyone needs an illustration.

Edit: Accidentally said newer instead of older.

Last edited:
Just look in the Assistant 2 for Mavic Mini,there are 3 Firmware available,the oldest one available is V01.00.0200 the middle one is V01.00.0300 and the latest one V01.00.0400
See the attachment that i've include in one of my earlier post

Just look in the Assistant 2 for Mavic Mini,there are 3 Firmware available,the oldest one available is V01.00.0200 the middle one is V01.00.0300 and the latest one V01.00.0400
See the attachment that i've include in one of my earlier post
Sorry that was a typo

Hi guys
Weird question...
I've my Mavic Mini since mid November and i only flying it in my home
I don't even use the camera i'm "flying to sight" and that's all i'm doing with it
Since i got my Mini,i never did one update cause everything was working
fine so "if it's not broken,don't fix it"...right ?
Well yesterday i've decide to "bite the bullet" and upgrade the Mavic Mini
...for no real reason without respecting my "if it's not broken,don't fix it"
Well...again DJI remind me why i never update my drone...
because most of the time there is no turning back possible

The only difference that i've notice and it's not a good one for me...
It seem that the " Yaw " control have change
Before the firmware update,the Yaw control was really "stiff",meaning that
as soon as i would stop yawing,left or right,the drone would stop turning
If you want to smooth yawing,all you had to do was to go smooth on the control.
Now it seem like DJI have add some "smoothness" to the Yaw control so
even if you stop yawing abruptly,the drone will stop but not abruptly like before.
It now stop in a smooth way all the time...
Meaning that if stop yawing abruptly,it still gonna turn about 30 degree more
which totally affect my month and half experience with it so far.
Is there a way to reset the whole firmware to the factory one cause the factory one
is not include in the list on the Assistant 2
Or is there a way to adjust the Yawn control in the Mavic Mini app ?
Thanks !!

You need to re-calibrate everything after the update.
Straight out of the box I saw YAW movements without input.
I see it a lot on my pair of Mavic Air as well.
Full re-calibration: AC compass & IMU and the RC will fix the issue.
Albiet, I have to do this about every 10-20 flights

I’ve had absolutely no problems with my mini

I am also running both DJI assistant version 1.1.2 (to mod the m2zoom) and version 2.0.10 (for the mini)on the same pc (windows 10) with no issues at all. Just install them in different folders

I just bought a brand new Mavic Mini from Best Buy on firmware v01.00.0300 on RC & Bird. Having same issue, if this is "Normal", I will be returning it!!!! I have 4-Mavic Pro's, 2-Mavic 2 Pro's & 2-Sparks, and none of them feel this way, they all actually feel very similar until Mavic Mini, its almost like a delay in the yaw, then when you let up the stick it keeps going to softly stop but ends up going a quarter turn past after letting up on stick?? are they all like that, or is this an isolated issue???? I opened up my own thread asking this very question, as I need to Know before the return policy runs out in case I have to return it????

Its amazing that I thought that this is normal, and I just got used to this type of yawing, now I can stop it anywhere I like without over or under turning. If they change it to be more stiff, that would be great though.

:)

Sweet

Well and it's kinda part of the problem cause once you get used to it,it's became natural,automatic,you don't even think about it,it's becoming a second nature,then you are gonna have hard time everytime you are gonna use any other drone cause most quality drone don't act like that,they are way more on the "stiffer side" than on the "smoother side".
I don't see a real problem if you have and only using the Mavic Mini as your only drone.
The problem is when you are using a bunch of different drones,you want all your drone to react pretty much the same way or at least,give the option to the pilot to use whatever
he feel more comfortable with...by adding more control setting option.
Just don't impose a way ... especially if "that way" is different than most other way...

Reactions: Molto33

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42