DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Range! Pushing the limits!

The fartherest I've dared to send it in the suburban environment is 2600'. I could have gone further but it was already out over a shopping center, across one major street about to go over another. Might have been LINE of sight, but definitely OUT of sight. I'm still too new to the hobby to be stupid or brave. In another area with heavy trees the farthest I could get it to go was 1600'. I thought there was a problem with the Mini or that I set the max distance at 1500', but when I saw it could go farther I realized that it was just signal interference.

CE model
3.770m on 2.4ghz with parabols, rural area (sea shore over the water). Airport and phone towers are 600m are on the opposite way of where I fly. Not sure if it influences the range.
About 2.300m on 5.8 ghz.
Waiting for parayagi antennas... :) :) :)

2,600 meters (8,530 feet) over water. Wanted to get to 3000 meters, but lost my nerve when the video feed started breaking up.

Reactions: mrnavy2
Not the Mavic Mini, but I flew a Phantom 4 3 miles out and 3 miles back. I was inspecting my ham radio club's repeater towers on a nearby mountain. Rural setting. I had direct line of sight to the towers, which I was using a telescope to view, and was able to keep the Phantom in sight through the telescope the whole way. The terrain rose 1308 feet, climbing up to the tower, so I gradually lifted the drone to keep it in view, locked on the tower. It worked out perfectly! The signal got a little shaky towards the end, but I had solid supervision the whole way. Made a nice video to share with the club.

de KØUNX, Jim, in Jefferson County, Colorado

Over the sea I flew out to around 6500ft before I started to lose signal strength, signal started to become intermittant at 6754ft and when I regained continuous signal it was at 6766 ft. That's close enough to the supposed 2000m range it's supposed to have for me to be impressed by the accuracy of the stated range

CE Mavic Mini. 100% stock. I got 4 kilometres (13123 feet) in rural area!!! In urban I got 3,5 kilometres (11 482 feet)!!!

Last edited:
4,000 meter in semi rural flight path on 5.8 with yagi 5.8/parabolic combo, and FCC hack.
2.8 was less on same flight path, due to the mild interference.
Yet to try the 2.4 parayagi over proper rural ,with no interference signals,... think in good conditions its then down to your battery.

What is the furthest you’ve flown your Mavic Mini (feet)? In urban areas and rural settings?
In a rural setting across a friend’s farm, 10,000ft with the aerial signal extenders. Height 150’ with full control of the drone and camera all the time. Illegal, I know but I fly a microlight from the same farm. Still no excuse :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54