Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
When?, Wednesday, at 9 AM Eastern. October 30th! Limited quantities available. Stay Tuned!
Now that it is real, Do you think it will be a game changer? Or just another DJI line up drone like the MA?
Could it out sell the Skydio hype this year? Or next? Your thoughts on the hype?

When? Still yet to be known! This year? Possibly! Stay Tuned!
Now that it is real, Do you think it will be a game changer? Or just another DJI line up drone like the MA?
Could it out sell the Skydio hype this year? Or next? Your thoughts on the hype?

The 'game changing' feature is the weight, if it turns out _under_ .55 pounds, as leaked a month or so back by DroneDJ, and maybe confirmed by their announcement yesterday. When we get our tougher test for recreational flying, this Mavic Mini might be the most capable drone somebody can fly without taking a tougher test?

A $999 Skydio 2's going to be something like $1400 with optional controller, 'beacon', and a couple extra batteries. They had already sold out the first two production runs a couple days ago when I signed up to pre-order, my pre-order is for delivery sometime next Spring. Their videos are awesome, disappointing for me, with Mavic 2's in my collection, to see the Skydio literally slip _under_ a fallen tree and leave the Mavic 2 behind. I'm hyped, gotta have one.

If a Mavic Mini can follow and do other autonomous stuff anywhere near as well as a Skydio 2, or better than a Spark or Mavic, it'll satisfy lots of people looking for selfie drones for something like $399 or $499 for a 'fly more' kit.

That's my speculation. I'm brand-loyal to DJI, welcome competition, enjoy the hype...

As many of us know, DroneDJ is not always a valid source for reliable info, but thought I would share this anyway.
DJI Mavic Mini launch date rumored to be October 30 - DroneDJ
Considering that all the so called Skydio 2.0 presales were only refundable $100 deposits, with no commitment whatsoever, and the rumored Mini price is $399, everyone can afford to order both now! They complement each other! Mini buyers will have a month to play with their $399 Mini before deciding to commit to spending another $1150 on a Skydio for delivery in late November, or early 2020. Might kill some Skydio sales, even though they are apples and oranges!

Reactions: Drone Master
A video from Bill about the Mavic Mini release conformation.

The 'game changing' feature is the weight, if it turns out _under_ .55 pounds, as leaked a month or so back by DroneDJ, and maybe confirmed by their announcement yesterday. When we get our tougher test for recreational flying, this Mavic Mini might be the most capable drone somebody can fly without taking a tougher test?

A $999 Skydio 2's going to be something like $1400 with optional controller, 'beacon', and a couple extra batteries. They had already sold out the first two production runs a couple days ago when I signed up to pre-order, my pre-order is for delivery sometime next Spring. Their videos are awesome, disappointing for me, with Mavic 2's in my collection, to see the Skydio literally slip _under_ a fallen tree and leave the Mavic 2 behind. I'm hyped, gotta have one.

If a Mavic Mini can follow and do other autonomous stuff anywhere near as well as a Skydio 2, or better than a Spark or Mavic, it'll satisfy lots of people looking for selfie drones for something like $399 or $499 for a 'fly more' kit.

That's my speculation. I'm brand-loyal to DJI, welcome competition, enjoy the hype...
I have a Skydio 2 scheduled for delivery in November. (I have Mavic 2 Pro and other DJI Drones at this time and I'm a professional photographer). I understand from Skydio support staff that it's have issues in trying to fly inside of a building/home, aside from something like a large building/warehouse. Perhaps later in the development that'll be addressed. They advise not flying it inside of a home. I'm not even going to TRY that. I am impressed with their Never CRASH INTO SOMETHING guarantee when used in accordance with their advisories and instructions. I'm not going to press my luck (like some might do) and TRY and crash it. I also appreciate the fact that it's MADE IN AMERICA. I wish DJI would make their stuff here for our market.

I am not getting the Skydio to replace a DJI drone. I OCD about technology (yes I bought a Galaxy Fold and love it). I'll use it to fly in tight places outdoors where vegetation would prohibit that in some of my straight-on front shots of real estate here in CT. I don't press my luck. I've had too much experience with Drone Magnets (trees)

Reactions: Cyber3xpert
"Chinese Crap Don't Fly, Chinese Crap Gracefully Fall"-Actual Confucius Saying ?‍♂️
Agreed, that is if it only cost $350.00. Remember Confucius Also said If Man pay to much, then less he has. Lol! ?

just checked DroneDJs latest blog & I still don’t see any mention of an October 30th date or any reference to limited stock??...
Have you viewed the links above?

as far as i am concerned, if it is a genuine dji product, it is only being released so as to comply with the new regs with regards to weight, i can not see it being much use for serious flyers due to the limitations on performance ,could be a good starter drone like the spark was, and the fact you do not at this time have to register it will appeal to a certain sector of the market, i for one will be sticking with my MPP

as far as i am concerned, if it is a genuine dji product, it is only being released so as to comply with the new regs with regards to weight, i can not see it being much use for serious flyers due to the limitations on performance ,could be a good starter drone like the spark was, and the fact you do not at this time have to register it will appeal to a certain sector of the market, i for one will be sticking with my MPP
It's a great "throw down drone" not requiring FAA registration, which precludes LEO's from demanding to see an FAA pilot registration! Once it becomes widespread, LEO's will no longer respond to every report of a drone in the air! Significant upgrade from the no registration Tello!

Reactions: brett8883
Here in Spain / Europe ... there is no speculation about the date ... they just put ... soon ... but very soon ...
And it will be a little more expensive than in the US ... it will cost € 399
You can see more info at

Attachments

• Mavic mini precio.png
    Mavic mini precio.png
    481.9 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics