DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Return to Home Tutorial (RTH)

kloogee

Reactions
I've seen a lot of discussion about the Return to Home (RTH) feature of the Mavic Mini, so I decided to put together a tutorial about it. There are some important safety tips I discuss that I haven't seen discussed in any other videos.

Let me know if you think I've missed anything important.

Good information. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of RTH.

Reactions: kloogee
Very well done! I think you have clarified a lot of the confusion regarding why so many MMs are not getting back when the wind ( at altitude) is higher than the RTH speed and the option of overriding both the default speed and height is so easy to do. Also the points made about how and where the RTH point actually is set and the option to change it while in flight and/or in RTH mode. Will be checking out your other videos.
-Bill

Very well done! I think you have clarified a lot of the confusion regarding why so many MMs are not getting back when the wind ( at altitude) is higher than the RTH speed and the option of overriding both the default speed and height is so easy to do. Also the points made about how and where the RTH point actually is set and the option to change it while in flight and/or in RTH mode. Will be checking out your other videos.
-Bill
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you found it useful!

Does the Mini have to be in speed mode before activating RTH to gain the extra speed to get home?

Great job! I'm very new to this and was under the impression that if you moved the sticks while in the RTH, it may cancel it. I was afraid to do anything.

I do not own a Mini, but I can only wonder if the material presented will help to reduce the rates of incidence viewed on the forums. Fly Away’s and Failure to RTH seem to be the biggest leading cause of grief for MM owners. If the info presented helps but one, it is worth it.

An ounce of prevention . . .

Hoping it helps.

As a noob, I really found your tutorial helpful! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Great job! I'm very new to this and was under the impression that if you moved the sticks while in the RTH, it may cancel it. I was afraid to do anything.
Glad you found it informative! Thanks for watching!

I do not own a Mini, but I can only wonder if the material presented will help to reduce the rates of incidence viewed on the forums. Fly Away’s and Failure to RTH seem to be the biggest leading cause of grief for MM owners. If the info presented helps but one, it is worth it.

An ounce of prevention . . .

Hoping it helps.

I hope so too! I've seen so many people lose their drones because they don't understand how it works. Hopefully some of the tips in this video will help someone out! Thanks!

Thank you for sharing. I had some troubles understanding how the RTH works and now it makes more sense after watching your video. Thanks again.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the Return to Home (RTH) feature of the Mavic Mini, so I decided to put together a tutorial about it. There are some important safety tips I discuss that I haven't seen discussed in any other videos.

Enjoyed that, thanks a lot!

Thank you for sharing. I had some troubles understanding how the RTH works and now it makes more sense after watching your video. Thanks again.
Awesome, glad it helped out! Thanks for the feedback!

Very informative. Been flying a couple of years and still learned a few good pointers. Thank you very much for your time.

I have not used RTH yet, but thanks for the tutorial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929