DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini-Screen freezes but drone flys

John Wekking NZ

Reactions
As soon as the FLY button is pressed and the props start turning, the image on my S7 freezes. Controller sends signals and the Mini flys as directed. Screen never recovers, unless I stop flying, then press the Fly button once more.

Everything is updated and started from cold/off status.

Mavic Mini FLY App will NOT work on Huawei Y5. As soon as Fly app is install, screen says Install Failed.
Mavic Mini FLY App installs on S7, but Sceen Freezes. Same issue I believe on Note9.

Mavic Mini FLY App installs fine on P30 Pro and flys without ssues (so far - only one short flight so far due to time and wind )

As soon as the FLY button is pressed and the props start turning, the image on my S7 freezes. Controller sends signals and the Mini flys as directed. Screen never recovers, unless I stop flying, then press the Fly button once more.

Everything is updated and started from cold/off status.

Mavic Mini FLY App will NOT work on Huawei Y5. As soon as Fly app is install, screen says Install Failed.
Mavic Mini FLY App installs on S7, but Sceen Freezes. Same issue I believe on Note9.

Mavic Mini FLY App installs fine on P30 Pro and flys without ssues (so far - only one short flight so far due to time and wind )
Of course, in my case there was more data to be processed, but I recently upgraded from an iPad Mini 3 to iPad Mini 5 for my M2P because the old iPads processor couldn't handle the amount of data to be processed and shown on the screen. Maybe the S7's processor is not fast enough for the video downstream as soon as the app has to handle the telemetry data in-flight?

In my case, sometimes it worked fine but as soon as I started recording 4K or performed actions like quick shots, the picture on the screen was frozen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike