DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini SDK coming next week?

gidi

Reactions
Hi all,

According to this thread it seems that we have a possible date for the SDK. It is July 13th. Can’t wait to see what app devs will be able to do.

What do you think?

Hi all,

According to this thread it seems that we have a possible date for the SDK. It is July 13th. Can’t wait to see what app devs will be able to do.

What do you think?
Hi,

I hope that we will be able to use tracking on our drones, it would be real gamechanger.

Reactions: shaneb50
The fact that DJI released the SDK doesn't mean that Litchi will magically add support immediately, it will take months for Litchi to release support for the Mavic Mini

I’m hoping they will add tracking and other great features for the mini. I have a good feeling this drone is about to get a awesome update [emoji3]

Reactions: Brtak
The fact that DJI released the SDK doesn't mean that Litchi will magically add support immediately, it will take months for Litchi to release support for the Mavic Mini
Why do you think so? I would expect Litchi would have to change very little in their software. I'm assuming they use their SDK (DJI Developer) which would then just need an update for MM support. Obviously I would expect they would have to test it, but if they put effort into it that shouldn't take long at all.

For example, it seems to me dat the DJI SDK 4.5 with support for the Mavic Air was released on april 12th 2018 (DJI Mobile SDK 4.5 Released). Support in Litchi was added on april 24th (What's new - Litchi).

I'm really hoping that Litchi was already given the specs for the SDK, at least, and have a head start. I don't know if they do this, but the smart thing for DJI to do would be to actively involve a third-party app developer in parallel development and testing.

Reactions: michieldejong
So... Where is it? :)

sually when DJI launches an upgrade to the Mavic Mini or some other drone they usually do it in 20 minutes

It's the SDK (code for the mavic mini). It's not the litchy app with support, you have to understand that, the support for the Mavic Mini in Litchy I have a feeling it will be released at the end of July.

??sadly. I was hoping it was going to be another update, but it seems nothing happened.

This is incredibly frustrating!! I'm not a developer myself but have been patiently waiting on the SDK release just like many of you have. First rumors of April then a July confirmation from DJI themselves. Now that date has past and it's still "not ready".

DJI has crippled their own products with their new Fly app. It's a carrier locked iPhone in a world of rooted Android's when compared to other apps. Litchi would give us the features that DJI could, but won't let us have. I understand the current global situation but writing and publishing code should have come early instead of late because of said situation.

Sorry rant over. ?

Reactions: CatsFPV and RogerDH
As a software developer, depending on how DJI adds support for the mini will determine how quickly (or not) apps can in turn add support. If it requires new function calls to support the same functions, then that's a considerable amount of work. If they simply add support to existing functions, the overall work is pretty limited and you then just have to limit calls to devices that aren't supported. I wouldn't be surprised if the SDK development has been slowed by COVID, I know it's impacted our software development.

Dear dji, I hope that you will add some kind of tracking and or some really great features.?
I own a Mavic Mini and I really love this drone.its so amazing and thank you so much ??

Tracking will help me get exercise, I will consider it walking my pet...My mini has been named Apollo after the moon missions...silly but for a guy who isn't shy to admit that I am a NERD, I welcome pets that will follow me and not soil the rugs....

Dji could have easily put folow and other features with the mini but i would think that they wanted to keep it as an entry level drone and give especially new drone flyers just enough to make them want more.

Mini sales are leveling off probably now and releasing the sdk will likely induce a second wave of sales because use of litchi is going to step up the mini. Im sure eventually they will release another mini end of the day it all comes down to $$$$ their decisions on anything has nothing to do with the customers and what they want it’s what will put the money in the bank. Not only will a wave of sales for people buying their first mini but there will be a wave of broken minis from pilots doing things without thinking about it i hope litchi doesn’t take forever when it finally gets released. I don’t have litchi but sure will buy it

Mavic Mini is my first drone, did anyone here used Litchi before with another drone and what is your experience with that app? Any other app?
Because I see that you want this SDK soon as possible.
What is the best features from Litchi?
Is that 3rd party app stable and reliable?

Reactions: shaneb50
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara