DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini SE

Suzygs1000

Reactions
I ususally fly the Mini 2 at the Ingham airprt with no problems.

Yesterday, I decided to take the Mini SE out, where I usually only fly it at home.

I obtained the necessary approval on last night, then before I left this morning, I checked, and it was on the app.

I went to the airport this morning.

The drone connected, but wouldn't take of as I was in a restricted area.

I went into my safety and it showed I had an unlocked zone for today.

However the drone wouldn't take off, due to being in a restricted area.

After much mucking around, like half hour or so, I eventually received a code, which in input, and received approval to fly.

Then, however, I discovered the drone had become disconnected from the controller.

I spent another half hour trying to pair and connect ... the pairing process, drone on, hold button for 4 secs, beep, press 'pair' on app, app would try to pair for about a minute, then just tell me that it couldn't connect to drone.

What in the hell I doing wrong with this drone?

This is my fourth DJI, having had a Mini, which I sold, but had no problems with, two Mini 2's, one of which I lost, and this SE.

Why won't my SE connect to my controller, and why do I have to get further approval to fly at the time, when I have already had approval confirmed on the DJI flight approval app?

Help, please ... I have had many flights with this drone out of restricted areas, and behaves flawlessly.

At home, I have never had a problem with not connecting to the controller.

thanks in advance Dave.

Reactions: 4006448
a very common problem is the SD card with regards to the drones inability to connect to the RC ,sometimes just removing it and replacing it with a different card will do the trick,

Reactions: 4006448 and Rchawks
Thanks, I will give it a try. I am home now, and the drone apparently connected to the controller straight away, as I can start the motors, and fly the drone. However, the app is on the home page, and if I go to the camera page, the screen is black, and it tells me the drone is not connected! .... I will try a different card, or even try with the card out might be the go. Ok, with no card, it now will not connect to the controller, just says 'unable to connect'

I thought maybe if I update the drone fw it might work, but when I try to connect to the DJI Asst it tells me that the unit is not supported. I don't think it is the app, as I have just connected the controller to it, and it worked fine. Is there anyway I can update the drone's fw without the ASST app? I can't get the drone to connect to the controller ... thanks Dave.

@Suzygs1000 ,have you tried a different SD card yet ,also check the SD card slot does not have any debris in it

i have. DJI mav. Mini s e. But the cable. Will not. Fiit in the new iPad 10.9. Can any. One help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa