DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini signal strength boosters?

Frosty Of The North

Reactions
Are there any clever ways to increase the signal strength for the Mavic Mini? The app frequently reports interference while flying. A couple of signal boosters show up on Amazon. Are those gimmicks or are they legitimately helpful?

All I can say is that I don't fly without the range extender anymore.

IMG_2502.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg

I read someone's claim in a facebook page that he can flash the firmware in the Mavic Mini from CE to FCC mode, for a price. I wonder if that's legal.

Also, I wonder what if i just stick a foil at the back side of the controller's antenna instead of using a curve reflector. Will it increase the directional signal strength?

Which one is that? How much of a difference does that make? I'm not so much interested in extending the range as I am increasing the signal strength.

That is the Parabolic reflector.
Just focuses the radio energy forward.
I can say it works with my Spark - without about 7,000ft and with 10,000ft
I have tried with my Mavic Mini but too much of a headwind when I tried and reached battery failsafe at 9,700ft
I will try again soon when we have better weather.

Which one is that? How much of a difference does that make? I'm not so much interested in extending the range as I am increasing the signal strength.
I really don't use it to extend the range. I use it for video smoothness. Make a much stronger connection. Since I record wildlife really close to them I need to have the best connection with minimal delay in the video transmission and the reflectors really help.

Reactions: Mavic Mini
I use them on my M2Z and the MM and they do help to extend the range. But as mentioned in other posts they are quite sensitive and must always be pointed fairly accurately in the direction of the drone otherwise the signal is easily lost.

I would say you need to be extra carfull when the drone is behind you since you are deflecting the signal that goes behind you to the front with the deflector.

The best and simplest way to get a stronger signal is to make sure it’s not getting ‘diluted’ by turning off your smartphone’s Wifi and cellular - AFTER you cache the maps where you will be flying as maps require either (not both) of those.

A higher range generally means a better connection at a shorter range
I really don't use it to extend the range. I use it for video smoothness. Make a much stronger connection. Since I record wildlife really close to them I need to have the best connection with minimal delay in the video transmission and the reflectors really help.

Reactions: Amcrory and Thanev
Also you can download a modded DJI fly app to switch the drone from CE (0.1W transmission) to FCC (0.4W transmission), therefore increasing the signal strength fourfold. This is what I have done with my m1p and the strength and 'video smoothness' have increased by far.

Also you can download a modded DJI fly app to switch the drone from CE (0.1W transmission) to FCC (0.4W transmission), therefore increasing the signal strength fourfold. This is what I have done with my m1p and the strength and 'video smoothness' have increased by far.
Hi Flake7811 Where did you download for Mavic mini a modded dji fly?

That is the Parabolic reflector.
Just focuses the radio energy forward.
I can say it works with my Spark - without about 7,000ft and with 10,000ft
I have tried with my Mavic Mini but too much of a headwind when I tried and reached battery failsafe at 9,700ft
I will try again soon when we have better weather.
Just a quick question, did you take off and land from your vehicle? I’d be concerned your compass would be affected by the metal. Interesting!

Reactions: Khayman
The 4Hawks Raptor SR looks like a decent/cost effective antenna replacement...they also offer the XR version, but I am considering the SR version to boost signal reliability....and its 'small' enough to not have to get a whole new case for the modified RC...

The install process is pretty complicated though...so should not be undertaken by someone who might have a lack of confidence in disassembling the RC... or bit the bullet and pay for the RC to be sent to one of the distributors to have the unit installed...at extra cost and time without your RC.

Did not gain substantial amount with this one. Will be interested in what others find as this gets more input.25D6B743-082C-4B3D-ADC5-FA9118ECEDA5.jpeg463F509B-9938-408A-BEE0-D852D9C6D336.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000