DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Starkiller Wrap

nhgill960

Reactions
Hey guys,

Just thought I would post about this cool wrap that I bought from iStyles.com for 17.99. I recommend these wraps highly. This style is called Starkiller.
e3214a4de7f94dd400c53a5dd93b8fe7.jpg
8af29d8e8e9d1cfe04ede2572f23698e.jpg

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I like the design for sure and at a reasonable price.
It looks like you spent some time fitting it too , I also like the DJI on the back and how it stands out .
Real cool .

I'm not being offensive but I really do not understand the reason for these 'decorative' skins.
Bird deterrent colours I understand but 100ft away I doubt you could admire the pattern of any skin.
Besides, $18 would go some way towards an additional battery and when one of my drones is not in use it's in its case, protected.
Can someone explain the fascination with decorative patterned skins?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not being offensive but I really do not understand the reason for these 'decorative' skins.
Bird deterrent colours I understand but 100ft away I I doubt you could admire the pattern of any skin.
Besides, $18 would go some way towards an additional battery and when one of my drones is not in use it's in its case, protected.
you could ask a heavily tattooed person.

Bird deterrent colours I understand but 100ft away I I doubt you could admire the pattern of any skin.

You definitely have a point. I think that people just like to make their drones look better and more unique because the solid grey of the mavic series gets pretty boring to look at after a while. Maybe it was a bad use of money, but I like it[emoji23]

I'd agree with nhgill960. I don't always understand the choices some people make but that's ok since it's their drone, not mine. Make it your own.

I put a skin on mine to make it more unique(Not truly unique as anybody could buy the same set) and to make it easier to find if it crashes.
Mavic cropped.jpg

Mikeg

Reactions: RMS001 and ff22
I've just ordered a Union Jack skin for mine.
A: To protect it from scratches.
B: To make it more visible, especially against dark backgrounds, when flying close.
C: It looks less threatening than the sinister Grey:p

I tried some patterned skins on my drones to help make them easier to spot against a sky or trees.

I gave up on them as decorative, but useless, and have now wrapped all my drones in solid neon colors from wrapgrade.jp or decalgirl.com.

The completely un-natural colors stand out and make it easier to keep the drone in sight. I don't think a camouflage pattern helps with that...
View attachment DSC_0104.JPG

Reactions: Gratton
I tried some patterned skins on my drones to help make them easier to spot against a sky or trees.

I gave up on them as decorative, but useless, and have now wrapped all my drones in solid neon colors from wrapgrade.jp or decalgirl.com.

The completely un-natural colors stand out and make it easier to keep the drone in sight. I don't think a camouflage pattern helps with that...
View attachment 112154

Quite the collection of aircraft!

Reactions: Gratton and ff22

View attachment 112154
After viewing the impressive collection, it makes me wonder about Mini #1 and Mini #2. R. I. P. ??

Hey guys,

Just thought I would post about this cool wrap that I bought from iStyles.com for 17.99. I recommend these wraps highly. This style is called Starkiller.

[/QUO
Hey guys,

i got the same one looks great ! ?

You definitely have a point. I think that people just like to make their drones look better and more unique because the solid grey of the mavic series gets pretty boring to look at after a while. Maybe it was a bad use of money, but I like it[emoji23]
"more unique"? - it's either unique or it's not, it can't be more or less unique.

I guess people use wraps / skins in much the same way as people buy decorative covers for their mobile phones. I appreciate a mobile will need more protection than a drone but bug splats and visibility all help.
Similarly I don't like tattoos but I appreciate the skilled art work so why not customise your drone.

you could ask a heavily tattooed person.
Tattoos are always with the tattooed and 'visible' to them if they are unclothed.
The intended use of a drone is to be somewhere other than by the pilot and, dare I say, often out of sight of the pilot.
As such I don't think that that was a viable comparison, if you meant personal choice then why not say as much.
Tattoos I understand and, whilst not my thing, some of them are indeed beautiful and incredible work.

G. Saunders, where's the yellow one from?

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
Tattoos are always with the tattooed and 'visible' to them if they are unclothed.
The intended use of a drone is to be somewhere other than by the pilot and, dare I say, often out of sight of the pilot.
As such I don't think that that was a viable comparison, if you meant personal choice then why not say as much.
Tattoos I understand and, whilst not my thing, some of them are indeed beautiful and incredible work.

G. Saunders, where's the yellow one from?
not meant to be a comparison, but that's Ok.

The thing that immediately sprung to mind for me was how difficult it would be to find if it flew away!

I guess I didn’t think about the decreased visibility of the drone. However if I crash it I can use find my drone, so I’m not too worried. You guys are more experienced than me, so I appreciate the advice. In the future I will buy a higher visibility skin or just no skin at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada