DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini | SunnyLife ND16PL Filter

And? What do you think? It looks good to me, but I have no reference point, I guess you did some tests with / without filter, so you can tell if there's difference /in what parts of the picture or not...

Reactions: Vapor069
And? What do you think? It looks good to me, but I have no reference point, I guess you did some tests with / without filter, so you can tell if there's difference /in what parts of the picture or not...

I know, I know... hats off to those who make these videos with side by side comparisons. I didn’t think I’d be able to fly the same lines in the wind. Quite honestly, it seemed like such a hassle taking it off and putting it on, but I’ll try that as soon as I get a calm day again.

I think I like it better overall with the filter though... it cuts out the glare, and brings out the sky a little more. I guess these things are supposed to add motion blur, it seems much smoother overall than without a filter.

Thank you for watching, and for your feedback!

Reactions: Dedal
I know, I know... hats off to those who make these videos with side by side comparisons. I didn’t think I’d be able to fly the same lines in the wind. Quite honestly, it seemed like such a hassle taking it off and putting it on, but I’ll try that as soon as I get a calm day again.

I think I like it better overall with the filter though... it cuts out the glare, and brings out the sky a little more. I guess these things are supposed to add motion blur, it seems much smoother overall than without a filter.

Thank you for watching, and for your feedback!
"Motion blur" is achieved by using shutter speed which is double the frame rate (180 degrees rule). ND filters are not there to add motion blur, but to cut excess light, and, by doing so, to make it possible for you to achieve the setting above. If there's harsh sun outside and you want to film in 30 fps, you need your shutter speed to be 60, which will not be possible, because too much light is hitting the sensor and you're gonna get shutter speeds significantly higher then what you ideally would need (in thousands, 1000, 2000, 4000... Whatever is needed to keep the exposure "correct"). That's why you need appropriate ND filter, to cut down the amount of light hitting the sensor, thus helping you to get as near as possible to desired shutter speed. There are many tutorials on YouTube, please try and browse a bit, you'll find all the info you need.

Happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S