DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini tablet

dirtfishingman

Reactions
I'm looking for a tablet for my mini.

So weird thing happened tonight used the mini straight shot and around 700ft away image started breaking up with my iPad mini 2 ( 1st flight with here ) I had airplane mode on and off made no differenc. Brought it back and hooked up my note 10+ and over 1500ft and didn't drop once or even glitch. Any thoughts ran this set up 5 times same issue with the iPad mini 2? I'm assuming why its not on the compatible chart. I also had airplane mode on both devices.

Well 2nd part is im looking since I'm a Samsung guy into the galaxy tab a8 and seen some users using it. I have litchi on my Note so since that I can have it run on the a8 with out paying. But Contacted DJI and they pretty much all tell me to read the compatibility chart and its not listed as compatibility but I know some guys use them.

What do u guys think

Reactions: Blackpool tower
I use the Galaxy Tab A tablet. Works great with Litchi, Dronelink and Fly app. Litchi installs right from the store. You will need to side load Dronelink and Fly app. No problem with any. They all work good. I got my Tab A at Costco for $139.99 and free shipping. DJI FLY Use download for Android and side load it into your Tab A. Download here: Mavic Mini- DJI Download Center- DJI

Last edited:
I use the Galaxy Tab A tablet. Works great with Litchi, Dronelink and Fly app. Litchi installs right from the store. You will need to side load Dronelink and Fly app. No problem with any. They all work good. I got my Tab A at Costco for $139.99 and free shipping.
Hows the brightness on the screen in sunlight

With the Ipad Mini 2, try turning off
  • Cache when recording
  • Histogram
  • Overexposure warning
  • Video subtitles

I use the Galaxy Tab A tablet. Works great with Litchi, Dronelink and Fly app. Litchi installs right from the store. You will need to side load Dronelink and Fly app. No problem with any. They all work good. I got my Tab A at Costco for $139.99 and free shipping. DJI FLY Use download for Android and side load it into your Tab A. Download here: Mavic Mini- DJI Download Center- DJI
Where you put it t, the controller holds it? Can you make a picture?

I'd be interested to see how the tablet connects to the controller. Please provide a picture. Thanks.

I also use the Tab A for my mini.....This is the equipment I purchased from Amazon to use on the MM drone.....The tablet just fits in this tablet holder so I put a strip of Velcro on the back of the tablet and the other part of the Velcro on the tablet holder. There are other tablet/phone holders on Amazon that I'm sure would work. I found the sunshade helpful as I live in sunny Florida. Hope this helps.

Amazon Links:

RC GearPro Foldable Smartphone Tablets Monitor Sunshade Sun Hood Cover for All Series, Mavic Pro, Mavic Mini, Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2, Spark,Inspire, Osmo Pocket Camera and Osmo Action (L168)

UZOPI Mavic Air Pro Platinum Spark Tablet Holder – Aluminum Adjustable Remote Controller Accessories Bracket Mount Extender with Neck Lanyard Strap for 4-12 Inch Phone Tablets

Favrison 8.15" Android Tablet USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro / Air, Nylon Braided USB Data Line Cable Fits Android Tablet (This is like the cable that came w/the MM, just longer.)

I'm using the Samsung Tab A 8" tablet with my MM and I love it. The image is clear and does really well in siunlight, which is very important here in Florida. The DJI Fly app isn't in the play store, but downloading it from DJI's website works great, clean install.

Here is the Mount I m using: Amazon.com: Full Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder Tablet Ipad Mount Holder with Lanyard Support Crystal Sky Monitor Compatible for DJI Mavic Air / Mavic Pro/Mavic 2/Zoom/ Mini / Spark Remote Controller: Toys & Games

Here is the cable: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076T5Q3J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fly safe!

Thanks i just got it and loaded dji fly app and works great and loaded litchi but noticed litchi was about choppy live video on screen? i made sure i only had litchi running not dji. Have you noticed it being a bit slower or choppy on litchi vs dji fly

If you have a 3D printer or know someone who does have one get them to print the adapters from Thingiverse for you - I use my full-size iPad AIR with mine now :p:p:p:p:p

iPad supports for DJI Mavic Mini remote

View attachment 113938
I like the holes for a lanyard and also see as there is no cross brace, that the width is adjusted by moving the FC's clamps. Some mods may be required as I don't see any thru holes to allow for the controller to ipad cable connection.

Thanks i just got it and loaded dji fly app and works great and loaded litchi but noticed litchi was about choppy live video on screen? i made sure i only had litchi running not dji. Have you noticed it being a bit slower or choppy on litchi vs dji fly
Hey man sorry to bother u wanted to know if u every experience this. On the samsung tab 8a 2019. Today when I started the drone and connected it to my tablet and the dji fly app. I just got a black screen no video transmission histogram was working and everything.

Then after about 20 seconds it connected and I flew up and took a photo and then when I switched back to video mode and flew my video was frozen again for 20 seconds and picked back up. The recordings were fine. I installed it and tried it again and same results.

I tried with my note 10+ amd not one issue.

So tried again with the tablet and same issue. I launched linchi and not one issue flew and transmitted perfectly? Any ideas?

Airplaine mode and wifi made no difference

Would really like some help! I have the DJI Mavic Mini 2 . It works beautifully with my phone. I want to add a 10 inch tablet. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 but the prompt says "RC not connected." So help a novice here. Does the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 work, yes or no? If I want to purchase a single use 10 inch tablet just for this drone, name two reasonable priced ones that work. I would be grateful for your help.

Turn off cache when recording. That worked for me on my standard sized ipad. I'd lose the picture altogether after awhile. Disconcerting as I'd have to hit the RTH button and hope for the best.

How have you stopped the controller from charging the Tab A in the Fly App? I prefer the Androids and use them with all my drones except the Mini's. Can't stop Fly from charging the Tab and it eats the battery quickly. :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242