DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini video issue, weird lightning changes, cloudy, flickering

fsociety

Reactions
Hello everybody, my first post here.

I've just got my mavic mini and performed my first flight today. I've put several shots together in the DJI app and got this video.

However, I noticed some weird things happening with the lightning, it changes a lot and has flickering, specially in green colors. (specially visible on 0:50 - 0:58) Do you know what this is? Is it a hardware problem, should I contact DJI? Do you think this might be solved using ND filters and manual exposure config?

Thank you, I'll appreciate your help.

Reactions: RMS001 and ff22
Very nice and it really is nice seeing other countries or cities.

As for the flickering, I really did not notice it badly. But it might be the moire effect where you see shimming generally in lines like white fencing and fence posts. It might be because of the lawn mowing PATTERNS, creating a linear pattern in the grass.

Others might have more ideas.

looks like the auto exposure is increasing the shutter speed a fair bit around the 0.55 mark and hence causing a bit of judder in the fast upward pan. Youre panning up from relatively dark ground to bright sky. Locking the exposure could help, but then you need to strike a good balance between exposing for the bright sky and dark grass.

An ND filter may have helped by keeping the shutter speed slower when looking at the sky. Fast pans would then get smoothed a bit with motion blur.

Hello guys,

Thank you for your answers, I'm going to take everything you wrote into account on my next video!

I was playing around with Davinci Resolve software and found out that just applying a noise remove node I managed to greatly improve the footage. it seems that the DJI fly app is the one responsible for the weird stuff happening on the first video.

Here's a extract of the problematic parts rendered in Davinci. maybe it needs a LUT to enhance the colors or something but i think is much much better than the dji app.

What do you think?