DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

thefrisbee995

Reactions
Hello!

Sold my Mavic (gen 1.) about 2 years ago, still remember the threads about the long as heck wait times on here for first orders lol! Looking at the Mavic Mini now due to the low price, even better size and, generally missing flying the things! Has anyone here had both and able to draw me a comparison? Used to love the portability of the Mavic Gen.1 after coming over from a P3P and the quality was excellent. Didn't ever like how loud the drone was. Of course the Mini is 2.7K but say you compare the Mini and Gen.1, how do they stack up in quality, battery life, control in the wind, noise, ect...?

This is this kind of stuff I will be doing (one of my old gen.1 vids!):

Reactions: Django18
are you aware that there is a new mavic air release in a couple of days as well ,i own the MPP which apart from different ESCs and props and colour is as near you could get the first gen mavic ,i also own a MM and although it is a great little drone, and is getting better as the firmware is being updated, it does not really compare to the GEN 1 mavic and i feel that as an experienced former gen 1 pilot, you would not be able to fly in the same conditions, that you have been able to with gen 1 mavic

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I've never had a Mavic 1 but I can tell you that there's a lot of shots in your video that wouldn't have been possible with the mini due to the wind speed.

Agree, the palm tree in lower shot at 2:00, I was waiting for something to give an indication of that, plus the flight was considerably higher at times, so wind would over power the mini.

At this stage, I would wait for the Air 2 release, and see what the final specs are, it's going to be a very well spec'd / feature packed drone I think.

If it's a choice now between and original M1P and a mini, go for a MPP (Platinum), quieter and so stable.

An observation, parts of the Canary Islands look very barren, is that mostly on a prevailing weather side of the islands ?

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada