DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Wedding Video

A bunch of nice shots in there. They will love it.

Reactions: BigRic
Great work very talented

Perfect drone for a wedding. Small and quiet. Hope it didn’t blow the napkins off the tables though.
Nicely done, they will be pleased

Love it. Consider reversing some of the shots so that they are reveal rather than forward tracking.
Nice work

Nice!

Made this for my friends. Would love some input before I surprise them with the final version.

No one else has commented but I think it is lovely. Very well done, nice music, nice compositions. Nice flying in constrained environments.

If it were me, I'd shorten each scene a bit, and remove redundant scenes such as the back and forth inside the chapel. The opening scene of the road is a bit too long. We get the idea after about 3 seconds. Most scenes can be around 3 seconds and you could have more viewers stay with it until the end. This is important if family members are going to send it around on the internet. People just have no tolerance these days for long videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: NTXFlyer and BigRic
Made this for my friends. Would love some input before I surprise them with the final version.

Very well done, and nice transitions. Since you asked, for opinions there is one thing I think I would edit and that is at the very beginning. The dirt road does nothing to add to the video at the opening. I would start the capture at the brick arch and omit the footage before the arch fly through. Also, clips should usually be 4 to 8 seconds long. Anything longer is “usually” to much for the viewer to remain interested in a single sequence. 1700+ wedding in my career and one of the big mistakes I first heard was “it’s a little long” and “ time between scenes took to long”. I always wanted to leave them wanting more, not fast forwarding through parts. Again, just my humble opinion. Other then that you made a lovely presentation that covered their wedding beautifully. I think they will love it!

Reactions: NTXFlyer and BigRic
Well done! The comments above are all good. Good mix of standard and drone footage. I would add... If it were me, I'd end on a more cinematic scene. Something with the couple in it. Just my 2 cents.

Very nice ?. early music was nice but seemed to crackle some. Wish you could get the names in the beginning so air time. But definitely caught the essence of the day. Nice work.

You asked for input, so here goes:
• Cut the dirt road and parking lot; they do not add value. Start with a still of the Welcome sign then blend to the fly through the arch.
• Cut the bride walking in the empty chapel alone (and the couple alone in the chapel). Although artistic and pretty cool, it does not fit where it is and makes me ask; Why is she alone?
• I also like a quick blend between shots instead of a sharp cut, but that's me.
• If someone else has some non-flickering video of the reception replace yours (the flickering may have been caused by a bad sync of the recorder and lighting).
• End with them driving away if you can find video of that.

All-in-all you did a good job and I am sure they will watch it over and over.

Reactions: cavenger

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929