DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Whirling Whining noise when throttling up

MavicRookie84

Reactions
Hi everyone, my Mavic Mini makes a whirling noise only really noticeable when throttling up and down. I was just wondering if this noise is normal or not? I have included a audio clip of the sound it makes. I also changed the props recently but that did not affect it.

Thank you!
Tim

Sounds quite similar to my mini1. You have 4 motors running at slightly different speeds and each one is generating noise in 2 ways. The "swishing" noise is the air flowing over the blades and the "whining" noise is produced by the motor vibrating slightly (perfectly normal) at the frequency the speed controllers are driving them at. When you throttle up each motor will speed up at a fractionally different rate and you will get varying beat frequencies between the 4 motors.

When you power up the drone it'll make a "bee-dee-deep" sound which is actually produced by the motors themselves. This is achieved by rapidly pulsing the motor drive signal back and fwd at audible frequencies. When running the motor makes a similar, but higher pitched and continuous noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots