DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic mini wi-fi channel select help?

wawa32

Reactions
hi , ive been the proud owner of a mavic mini from northern ireland. i purchased it from amazon spain, the model number is MT1SD25 (C2).
my 1st impressions are good but ive noticed that range can vary from loss of signal around 500m - 800m with around 100m height.
i appreciate there are a number of factors to consider for this so ill cover what i have done.

in the open contryside , no large tree formations blocking views , in my opinion very 'open view' with no houses or metal structures near.
phone in aeroplane mode.
no smartwatch on.
antenna's pointing properly.

my main question is about wi-fi channels , anytime i check its on auto and it seems to pick a channel with a high red bar, i understood high red bars to be the most congested channel (feel free to correct me on this)

so i tried manual mode and heres the 1st screen.

Screenshot_2020-09-20-14-38-50-618_dji.go.v5.jpg
am i right in saying that auto has selected channel 9, which is showing as unstable. so i switch to manual and select channel 5 as it looks ok.

heres what channel 5 looked like after the wifi had restarted.
Screenshot_2020-09-20-14-39-34-106_dji.go.v5.jpg

again without moving the remote or drone its now showing channel 5 as a unstable channel so i tried channel 3

Screenshot_2020-09-20-14-39-56-736_dji.go.v5.jpg

and now 3 is showing as a unstable channel.

i'd really appreciate if anyone can expalin or help as to why this is happening .

many thanks guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-20-14-38-50-618_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-20-14-38-50-618_dji.go.v5.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 15
hi , ive been the proud owner of a mavic mini from northern ireland. i purchased it from amazon spain, the model number is MT1SD25 (C2).
my 1st impressions are good but ive noticed that range can vary from loss of signal around 500m - 800m with around 100m height.
i appreciate there are a number of factors to consider for this so ill cover what i have done.

in the open contryside , no large tree formations blocking views , in my opinion very 'open view' with no houses or metal structures near.
phone in aeroplane mode.
no smartwatch on.
antenna's pointing properly.

my main question is about wi-fi channels , anytime i check its on auto and it seems to pick a channel with a high red bar, i understood high red bars to be the most congested channel (feel free to correct me on this)

so i tried manual mode and heres the 1st screen.

View attachment 113471
am i right in saying that auto has selected channel 9, which is showing as unstable. so i switch to manual and select channel 5 as it looks ok.

heres what channel 5 looked like after the wifi had restarted.
View attachment 113472

again without moving the remote or drone its now showing channel 5 as a unstable channel so i tried channel 3

View attachment 113473

and now 3 is showing as a unstable channel.

i'd really appreciate if anyone can expalin or help as to why this is happening .

many thanks guys

Hi.
I've got the same behavior than you in some area (and few days later no more issue at the same place). I confirm that the best channel is the lower bar.
If there is no visible source of wifi signal disturbance, try to put your phone or tablet (connected to the remote) in plane mode.

Hi.
I've got the same behavior than you in some area (and few days later no more issue at the same place). I confirm that the best channel is the lower bar.
If there is no visible source of wifi signal disturbance, try to put your phone or tablet (connected to the remote) in plane mode.

thanks for the reply, the phone i use has no sim and its in aeroplane mode with no bluetooth etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom