DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini wishes it was an fpv racedrone ?

USDM Rice

Reactions
My first Mavic mini video! NO PROP GUARDS! Much more to come in the future, I’ll have a real fpv race kwad in about a week, I’m so excited. I crash way too much trying to do things the mini isn’t made for, but I love my mini so much. Far more than my phantom 3! Although after the most recent gimbal replacement I’m getting error code 40021 I think. ??‍♂️ Enjoy! Mavic Mini - Fly it like you stole it!

Reactions: Dedal
Very nice... funny video :) Seeing the shade of the little beast...

I am sure you'll have plenty of good moments ahead with it.

Sadly after the gimbal replacement, I’m getting error 400021 I think... the gimbal will NOT level no matter what I do. It’s absolutely awful to fly, only thing it can do is take stills or video if I’m moving about 1mph or less. Shame. Probably 3 clicks for dji to fix. Id rather shoot myself in the face then ever give them money for a repair! ☺️ I’ve had so much trouble with them in the past, all of their customer service is programmed to say the most basic and obvious things I’ve ever heard, followed by “send it or we can’t help you”. Best Buy absolutely screwed me on a huge mistake with dji care refresh so I’m totally on my own. I’m glad I’ve encountered this last and final issue because it gave me the push to go to fpv. /rant. It’s been a bad day. I lost my dog unexpectedly and uncertain the indiscriminate anger is making me go mad.

At least you find motivation to shift your anger into something else... must be a good thing.

Before you leave your MM for good I am wondering if you did try to manually calibrate the gimbal. Just sheer speculation... might be totally unrelated.

Yes I have sir. Numerous times. I tried every calibration, auto and manual. I run out of numbers before I can get the gimbal calibrated correctly when I am doing a manual adjust. For some reason the yaw is way off and it acts as if it has a bad compass and Imu, when I do any turn that has slight G force, the gimbal/camera will tilt the horizon majorly and then come back to normal very slowly. Honestly the behavior is akin to having a gimbal with all the isolator legs broken off, just flopping around. Which is how my old gimbal ended up. I replaced tons of parts on my P3 and NEVER dealt with these absurd little programming issues like the mini. If the Mini had about 1/8 of the annoying “consumer hobbyist” safety features deactivated, it would be the perfect drone. DJI’s software itself is what seems to have ended my Mavic mini experience. I’m no fool by any means but good lord do I have a short temper. The Mini is perfection, only held back by the limits DJI has set upon it if you ask me! Most people don’t even know that there IS a follow mode on the mini as well. The tracking isn’t on par with a M2p, but it will certainly get the job done. Done with simple timing! **** I’m ranting a lot. I think I’m hangry ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb