DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini with IPhone help

Pointerhill

Reactions
Hello all, I’m currently flying my mini with an IPhone XR and never had an issue with connection or signal loss but I never fly out of sight. My question is, while flying for optimum performance should I have Wi-Fi and blue tooth on or off? Should I put phone on airplane mode ? Never really seen much discussion about what is the my best option. Thx gentlemen for any input you all may have.
Happy Flying and Stay Safe !

Hi Pointerhill, I personally turn to airplane mode when i remember, otherwise leave it alone.
Regards

I also turn on airplane mode. When I don't, it seems that is when people want to call me and send me text messages.

Reactions: dozzn
I’ve flown both ways, leave everything on and also in airplane mode. Have not noticed any difference but then I don’t get a lot of calls or texts.
Now fly mainly with an iPad mini 5. Easier for these old eyes.🤓

With my iPhone and iPad I use the iOS app "Shotcuts" and use a shortcut to turn on and then turn off (reset) each of my flying apps. DJI Fly, Litchi, Maven, whatever one I want to use. Shortcuts make sure I haven't changed or forgot to set any of my device settings for flying and then resets them after flying back to my custom defaults.

Each shortcut (app specific) have these custom settings when turning on - 1/ set brightness to 100%, 2/ set volume to 90%, turn, 3/ turn wifi on, 4/ turn cellular data on (for hotspot), 5/ turn Airplane mode on, 6/ open DJI Fly (or other), 7/ vibrate device (to signal me all steps completed which only takes maybe 3 seconds. After flying I close the app and hit the reset shortcut which then turn off shortcuts to were I would usually like the device at ie: volume 60%, brightness 60%, data and airplane mode off or whatever. Resetting only takes a couple of seconds.

I found that it's faster and repeatable and safer. Rather than being in the air and finding the brightness is not turned up and I can't see properly or I can't hear or miss audio warnings. You can set Shortcuts up any way you want. Search YouTube for some easy guides for iOS. Android has other similar apps.

Hope you find this helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters