DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini with Litchi beta ....and VR goggles with head and flight tracking, ?and no lag !

Pushkur

Reactions
Just tried it for fun,it’s actually pretty good,considering your using $20 VR goggles
I have had the Mini hooked up to DJI goggles before,via a dongle and small battery bank mirror the phone,but the lag is noticable.
Dig out your kids VR goggles and give it a try !
You may not be still able to be an iOS beta tester,but no problem with the android beta.

Reactions: adamcrow64
Any recommendations for VR Goggles?

Many thanks

The mavic mini VR runs through the phone, so the phone resolution limits VR a bit. This means that there is no real point in using Occulus Quest etc style equipment.
I use my iPhone 11 Pro with Litchi. It works fine.

I have two VR camera googles. One was expensive from Dubai. It has earphones. The other was free and handed out to a few of us at a trade show. They appear to be around $10.
The $10 VR camera google was fit for purpose for the Litchi app.
I had to purchase a micro USB to female USB socket from officeworks. The micro USB end plugged into the mavic mini controller.
I then plugged my metre long iPhone USB cable into the adapter and into my phone. Sat the phone in my VR googles and away we went!

If you want to give non-pilots a taste of fpv with this setup, put the vr mode on, lower gimbal speed to 1, turn on immersion head tracking and give them the goggles. Now pilot the aircraft by vlos and let them choose the direction and tilt. I’ve spent two weeks during holidays taking people on drone tours like that. A lot of fun, just pay attention to the direction, make sure to use a 1-meter cable and don’t be concerned to leave the drone hovering as this is usually enough for them to enjoy.

Any link for a recommended Goggles?
With the movement of the head you give commands to the mini?
If yes what, the camera or the drone?

By default the head tilt translates to the tilt of the gimbal. After takeoff you can enable immersive headtracking, where the drone’s yaw will be controlled by the direction you are facing with the goggles. Pretty neat stuff.

All cheap goggles much the same ,but make sure your phone fits...my iphone does,but my samsung note 8 is too wide to focus properly on my set.
You will need 1 mtr extension cable...or fly with remote on your head ?

If you want to give non-pilots a taste of fpv with this setup, put the vr mode on, lower gimbal speed to 1, turn on immersion head tracking and give them the goggles. Now pilot the aircraft by vlos and let them choose the direction and tilt. I’ve spent two weeks during holidays taking people on drone tours like that. A lot of fun, just pay attention to the direction, make sure to use a 1-meter cable and don’t be concerned to leave the drone hovering as this is usually enough for them to enjoy.
$10 for 10 min flight..office swivel chair and fan for authenticity ?
VIP deluxe $25 ...M2pro with Re goggles?

I bought the VR shinecon glasses. Perfect for me they get adjustable focus, glasses fit inside, IPD can ne adjusted too / They come with head strap.
Overall quite confortable.

Reactions: Pushkur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada