DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Yaw issue is added intentionally in firmware by DJI

appleguy010

Reactions

Here is the yaw issue people have been talking about easily illustrated.
Fellow user mrburns666 has documented that this change happened after the V01.00.0200 update here.
If you would like to try this out for yourself, cover the VPS sensors completely and fly in a location without GPS signal. Fly carefully, your drone will drift around.

Maybe if we make enough noise, DJI will add an option to configure the yaw behavior of the MM.

Reactions: Molto33
When not in ATTI mode what flight mode were you using ?

I wonder if the yaw precision/ response is improved in sport mode, as you would need to control the drone more accurately due to the higher speed ?

Nope that was sport mode (it says at the beginning of the video). And you are 100% correct it makes it very difficult to take corners at high speeds. Bums me out every time.

Sorry, I don't see what the problem is. I watched the video. The only thing I see is that the first video is smoother on the yaw. The second one is herky-jerky. Not sure why someone would call the slow/smooth yaw a problem. Most people don't like jerky movements in videos.

Here is the yaw issue people have been talking about easily illustrated.
Fellow user mrburns666 has documented that this change happened after the V01.00.0200 update here.
If you would like to try this out for yourself, cover the VPS sensors completely and fly in a location without GPS signal. Fly carefully, your drone will drift around.

Maybe if we make enough noise, DJI will add an option to configure the yaw behavior of the MM.

Like you, adding an option, yeah !
Force it, no...
I am already on discussion with customer service, to submit this problem, if there are enough of us, maybe they could implement that option...

They added a yaw delay for some reason

And what is that reason ?
To perturb newbies on drones ? In this case, they couldn't evolve to any other DJI drone ? Counter productive...
To perturbe regulars users to force them to buy a Mavic Air or Pro ? Lack of confidence...

In fact, it's curious, newbies should be able to add delay for their future Mavic air or pro, but not the regular users.

Again, a car with delay, for a newbie, it shouldn't be unusual, but to change the future model of a car, it's pretty hard...
But but regulars drivers, it's a nightmare...

Why just covering visual sensors would make inputs more instantaneous is pretty weird. The differences are like being normal and then switching into Sport.

With vision sensors covered and no GPS, you're in ATTI. It wouldn't be expected to have any stabilization in that situation so I would understand it would seem more "responsive". External factors, mainly wind would provide any loss of response.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian