DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mount alternatives in late 2017

Delovelady

Reactions
Hi, folks: who has workable big phone mounts that aren't based on the premise that DJI buyers will pay any amount for a reasonably good product? I don't want to start a war regarding the apparent defacto standard, but there must be alternatives that some people like! I just want to hold a large phone with an OtterBox case in a manner that it's secure and doesn't obstruct the view of the controller. I don't need it to also drive me to work or do my dishes, or whatever else justifies the exorbitant price of the "standard."

Any good alternatives?

Last edited:
Reactions: Delovelady
Skyreat iPad mini 4

b5c29a331082b954596f05dd7457662a.jpg

LifThor iPad mini 4

d0c7abef4f16b3cb1a26183237d9122d.jpg

Polar Pro iPhone 7 Plus

984e62a8b392f1c9d4145e01471fff43.jpg

I have the Skyreat, but do kinda like the LifThor idea where it puts the iPad on top of the controller. How is it for weight balance? Are there any others similar to that one?

Ditto, love the balance of the mini4 Lifthor, even hand held it’s perfect to hold and light enough to use without a lanyard . . . still looking for one I like, though Lifthor have one now with narrow lead.

Lifthor have the v3 phone mount too . . .
Discover the best LifThor Holders for DJI Mavic| Thor's Drone World
11mm thickness, will that take an otter box ?
It was a pita to have to take my iPhone 6 from its Lifeproof cover to use in the controller before switching to the iPad mini.

Thanks, everyone. Some very nice options here. I really appreciate; was seeing only the higher priced stuff on my prior searches.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3