DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic newb can't turn!

srbell

Reactions
What the heck, can't make a normal turn in flight lol. In normal, pitch and roll feel good. But the yaw is dog slow. Coordinated turns all seem messed up as the yaw rate is so much slower than roll. I see DJI Go allowed for expo curves, but nothing in the fly app.

Have you tried it in sport mode? Sport mode is much more responsive.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
What the heck, can't make a normal turn in flight lol. In normal, pitch and roll feel good. But the yaw is dog slow. Coordinated turns all seem messed up as the yaw rate is so much slower than roll. I see DJI Go allowed for expo curves, but nothing in the fly app.

Out of interest, as something of newb myself, how are you judging the amount of roll? i can’t really tell what angle the drone is at, since the gimbal is aligning the camera with the horizon.

if I’ve understood my controls correctly, there is only direct control of yaw in a drone, so I guess you are judging from the “feel” of the turn somehow?

Out of interest, as something of newb myself, how are you judging the amount of roll? i can’t really tell what angle the drone is at, since the gimbal is aligning the camera with the horizon.

if I’ve understood my controls correctly, there is only direct control of yaw in a drone, so I guess you are judging from the “feel” of the turn somehow?

While it may take some getting use too in judgement and reference to your drone, the little circle bottom left with the drone in it on the DJI GO4 app shows you the angle of your drone to the horizon. If you stop suddenly it show like a tub of water splashing forward and then back etc........I don't use it much but its there.

WDK

While it may take some getting use too in judgement and reference to your drone, the little circle bottom left with the drone in it on the DJI GO4 app shows you the angle of your drone to the horizon. If you stop suddenly it show like a tub of water splashing forward and then back etc........I don't use it much but its there.

WDK
Afraid this is not very relevant as the MA2 uses DJI Fly app, not GO4

Welcome to the forum from another BC guy. I used to live in beautiful Kelowna to. They all seem to bank very slowly and require huge wide turns if only using that one axis.
You can add in some yaw to speed up the turns. Not sure why dji made them this way.

Afraid this is not very relevant as the MA2 uses DJI Fly app, not GO4

I am really not sure what came before or after......is the DJI Fly the future or the past? I don't have any other apps to compare it too.....the other drones I have had were toys and much of the app did not work with the drone anyway but I am quite happy with the DJI GO 4 app.

WDK

I am really not sure what came before or after......is the DJI Fly the future or the past? I don't have any other apps to compare it too.....the other drones I have had were toys and much of the app did not work with the drone anyway but I am quite happy with the DJI GO 4 app.

WDK
I’m not quite sure where you’re going with this. The Mavic Air 2 can only be flown with the DJI Fly app, it has never been compatible with the DJI GO4 app

WDKZoon sadly the aritficial horizon of the Go4 is not present in the fly app. The fly app folders on my phone show up as dji.go.v5 whereas the Go4 app show up as dji.go.v4

Brutha switch to FPV mode 3dot menu -> control -> 3rd? line down, then you can see the roll

Well thats why I am here.....because I did not know that..........sorry for trying to learn which is where I was going with that!!!!!!!

WDK
I wasn’t trying to be awkward or belittling, I just couldn’t understand your point. Do I take it that you don’t own a Mavic Air 2?

Gotta try sport mode if it would stop raining here! I was looking for a degrees/second spec for roll and yaw, but can't find anything. It's a really weird feeling not having them "match" to what I like lol. From psychotic 3" flightone racing rigs, to 15kg X8 lidar platforms... I can usually get them feeling pretty much perfect. Looks sunny today so I'll get out there and try the sport mode. I anyone knows how to crank that yaw up, let me know : )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143