DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC, Noisey, Noisey, Noisey!

Skymax

Reactions
What Noise annoys an Oyster?

A MAVIC Noise annoys..

Never had a problem with the neighbour coming out to see what that irritating scream is until my buddy flew his MAVIC there last weekend, weeks of Platty Pro flying no Neighbour/Noise issue.

Honestly I dont know why ppl buy these buzzy, short-life bugs when for $200 more they can have a real Quadcopter, a Pro.

I find the air to be a very "real" quad.
It is a bit noisy tho lol. I kinda like it. Especially in sport mode wheeeew!!! It only screams because it has all that power that NEEDS UNLEASHED BLAAAAHHHH!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I don't want a real quad with piss poor 4K, video/images that look like a 19th century painting, a gimbal that breaks if you look at it the wrong way and a form factor that is the size of a small house in comparison to the MA. :)

I don't want a real quad with piss poor 4K, video/images that look like a 19th century painting, a gimbal that breaks if you look at it the wrong way and a form factor that is the size of a small house in comparison to the MA. :)
The Mp 4k is far from piss poor?
I've never had any issues with my gimbal, I think people aren't careful enough and don't take care with them, that's the fault of the owners nothing to do with the gimbal. Any aircraft should Be taken care of, maintained properly and handled with care.
Since the Air has been released everyone keeps harping on saying how big the MP is etc, but in reality the Mp is as compact as it always was.
The MP and Air are both absolutely fantastic Machines in there own rights. They have strengths and weakness for different applications and conditions.

For 4K it’s pretty poor. It’s a phone camera with a crappy image processor. Yes it was great 2 years ago. I own both drones, the air isn’t that bad. People just like to complain.

Haha loud. Ya. Mkay.

Y’all so funny.

I should flip out when the neighbor mows at 7am on a Sunday then.

Reactions: Radio flier
Listen to the purist calling ANY 4k image "piss poor". ROFL

I really think the "noisy" thing is a bit overblown. The Air and Spark are not noisy drones. They are not as quiet as the Platinum Pro, but they are certainly quieter than the phantom line. It seems noisy to some because of the higher frequency sound is makes.

Actually, I would love to see a noise comparison of the drones at various ranges. Since lower frequency sound travels longer distances than higher ones, It's possible the noise evens out pretty quickly at normal flying ranges. How do they compare 100ft up while 300 feet distant? How about 500ft away? Frankly, putting a decibel meter 6 inches away from each drone doesn't really tell the whole story. If your drone is that close to someone, they probably aren't complaining about the noise level! :p

I really think the "noisy" thing is a bit overblown. The Air and Spark are not noisy drones. They are not as quiet as the Platinum Pro, but they are certainly quieter than the phantom line. It seems noisy to some because of the higher frequency sound is makes.

Actually, I would love to see a noise comparison of the drones at various ranges. Since lower frequency sound travels longer distances than higher ones, It's possible the noise evens out pretty quickly at normal flying ranges. How do they compare 100ft up while 300 feet distant? How about 500ft away? Frankly, putting a decibel meter 6 inches away from each drone doesn't really tell the whole story. If your drone is that close to someone, they probably aren't complaining about the noise level! :p

Well its all a bit of a troll but a good reaction anyway, the best drone is the one you have now. But also you are right it is often the noise "Type" that causes the annoyance not necessarily the volume. For instance who could like the sound of a gas-powered leaf blower?
I did see a noise test on YT and you could not hear the Platty at 100' but you could still hear the SPARK although it wasnt significant.
There is actually a law here that prevents ppl from using Mowers, Power Tools etc before 7.30AM, but I guess some neighbours are more sensitive than others.

If you have a problem with noise, test it yourself. There is a free app so you can download a sound decimal meter on your phone and it works good. I used it on my MP with the standard props and did the same with the MA quieter props and it was easy to do. was about 5 to 7 decimals quieter props.

The Mp 4k is far from piss poor?
I've never had any issues with my gimbal, I think people aren't careful enough and don't take care with them, that's the fault of the owners nothing to do with the gimbal. Any aircraft should Be taken care of, maintained properly and handled with care.
Since the Air has been released everyone keeps harping on saying how big the MP is etc, but in reality the Mp is as compact as it always was.
The MP and Air are both absolutely fantastic Machines in there own rights. They have strengths and weakness for different applications and conditions.
MP gimbal was plagued with issues on the manufacturing side on day 1. True story. Look through old threads. DJIs admitted fault.

at 10, 60, and 100ft away the Air is noticeably louder than the Pro.

Also another thing was the RPM, the Air spins at double the speed of the Pro to maintain the same elevation

at idle the Pro spins at about 1800RPM, and 5ft its 5,700 RPM
the Air at idle is 3,800 RPM and 5ft is 11,000 RPM.

Reactions: Skymax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys