DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic not going higher than 100ft or out 150ft

Mavic626

Reactions
Hi,

Im hoping someone could help me, I haven't used my mavic for awhile and whenever I fly using my ipad i cannot go higher than 100 feet or out past 150 feet. I get an error telling me to change the settings. I am not in beginner mode. I have the cap height set to 120 meters and range at 5000 meters. I am not getting any compass errors. I also am running an older firmware 1.04 on both controller and mavic.

I tried signing in and out of my account and still get a limit. The only thing that pops up is that I need to upgrade my no fly zone database, do I have to do that to fly more than 100ft? It also says i need to upgrade my firmware but i really dont want to do that. I tried my android phone and it would not even connect. Any help would be great!

hmm, i remember when I had to log into my account when I had to agree to their new terms of service, but this time I only logged in and out with the bird disconnected. Am I required to update the firmware to the latest version? I was on .400 and loved it but then i got the googles and upgraded to 1.4

Check out this post for other troubleshooting steps to try.

thanks, i just had to uninstall and reinstall the new version of dji go on my ipad and I upgraded the firmware to 1.04.2 although i did not want to but hopefully hinder me much. I am still not having any luck connecting my s8 plus I am running android 7.0 now there is a selection when I plug in my phone to the controller, ie charge phone, file transfer, i tried all of them but cant get any to connect with the dji go app. Any suggestions?

i ended up getting it all fixed! i just upgraded all the firmware and downloaded and reinstalled all the dji go apps.

Hi,

Im hoping someone could help me, I haven't used my mavic for awhile and whenever I fly using my ipad i cannot go higher than 100 feet or out past 150 feet. I get an error telling me to change the settings. I am not in beginner mode. I have the cap height set to 120 meters and range at 5000 meters. I am not getting any compass errors. I also am running an older firmware 1.04 on both controller and mavic.

I tried signing in and out of my account and still get a limit. The only thing that pops up is that I need to upgrade my no fly zone database, do I have to do that to fly more than 100ft? It also says i need to upgrade my firmware but i really dont want to do that. I tried my android phone and it would not even connect. Any help would be great!
Update the software to the latest version. After you have done that, you should adjust you’re antennas in the right position.

Hey I was browsing the forum for a solution on the height max set to 120 as mine was having the same issue. I did do an update but still was stuck with the 120m. I did a search on youtube to see if there was a resolution and after fixing my unit measurement it went away and can now fjly at 400 again. Just wanted to share my findings and resolutions, hope this helps.

Angela

Lostgirl Hikes, youtube.com
Lostgirl HIkes, 500px.com
Lostgirl Hikes, Instagram.com

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 24
After an upgrade you need to log back in to DJI and the restrictions will go away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54