Join Us Now

Mavic now available @ Costco

skypros

Reactions
Costco.com (online) now has the Mavic for $990.00
Basically the fly-less with the DJI shoulder bag and prop guards

Not really much of a deal..... But I bet Costco can sell a bunch of them

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 1.03.38 PM.png

Mavic at COSTCO??!?!!? ...kiss our hobby goodbye, my friends. SWARMS of Mavics will soon be terrorizing the skies of every city, town, and village in this great nation. It's only a matter of time before the flying "aerial camera" will be banned!!!

Reactions: RobG
All the more reason to enjoy things while we can!

Reactions: mkdive and jeebs9
And *****... When they try to ban me from using the sky that I own just as much as anyone else, it'll be time for a custom made copter with open source autopilot....
Just try to get me down, only thing a ban will change, is that it'll make pilots uncontrollable by laws and regulations and harder to reach.... So just go ahead and set just another ban that does nothing but sent the world from ashes to fire.....

Reactions: its2loud
The call of the wild. Not to worry - just, perhaps if you are so inclined - try not to hit any manned aircraft or crash through anyone's hotel window, haha.

Meh!
A high percentage of people that see the Mavic for the first time at Costco will most likely be casual flyers that end up either crashing it very early on or letting it fly away into the sunset.

It's just like camera purchases. All the guys I know who buy their gear from B&H are seriously into photography. Those that pick up a DSLR at Costco tend to use them as paper weights after 3 month.

Rob

Reactions: DJqpAZ
Costco got them in store today. The sales guy said they arrived this morning. The down side is that Costco claims that they only have 90 day return and then factory warranty from DJI kicks in, but as Costco is not on the approved DJI reseller list there won't be any factory warranty per DJI's terms.
We then talked to the store manager (also said 90 days from Costco, then factory warranty) and they called the support line (90 days from costco and factory warranty). In other words, after 90 days you likely are not going to get any warranty service.

Seems to be the same display as at Costco. How come two unrelated companies have the same DJI display but are not on the approved list?

Seems to be the same display as at Costco. How come two unrelated companies have the same DJI display but are not on the approved list?
I believe they're not on the approved list because of the price discount they're given. With their return policies, DJI leaves that up to them and as such, they don't have to worry about the cost incurred from an extended warranty. Don't quote me on that as I only stayed at a Holiday Inn!

Costco clearly stated the return policy for the drone is only 90 days, after that they will not take it back. Costco support and management agreed on this point, but claimed the drones have factory warranty. Given DJI's policy I don't think they do.

Costco clearly stated the return policy for the drone is only 90 days, after that they will not take it back. Costco support and management agreed on this point, but claimed the drones have factory warranty. Given DJI's policy I don't think they do.
I would be very surprised if the DJI warranty is invalid when purchased from Costco - that would earn Costco a LOT of bad will from purchasers if DJI denies warranty repairs (unless the box and warranty brochure inside the box are reprinted just for Costco to make it clear it's a 90-day-return warranty).

I don't think Costco takes chances with their reputation like that; if they sell a TV, tires or baby food with a one-year warranty statement, it's covered for a year.

Costco got them in store today. The sales guy said they arrived this morning. The down side is that Costco claims that they only have 90 day return and then factory warranty from DJI kicks in, but as Costco is not on the approved DJI reseller list there won't be any factory warranty per DJI's terms.
We then talked to the store manager (also said 90 days from Costco, then factory warranty) and they called the support line (90 days from costco and factory warranty). In other words, after 90 days you likely are not going to get any warranty service.
Is bh an approved vendor? Were can this information be found?

Is bh an approved vendor? Were can this information be found?

The information can be found here: Where to Buy - DJI

B&H is an approved vendor according to the list, Costco is not. DJI is very clear about their policy. Drones bought from any vendor not on the approved list do not have any warranty coverage. Fry's Electronics, also a big DJI vendor, has the same problem. I am not sure these businesses are even aware of the fact that DJI changed their terms.

@PT_Mavic: I would have believed the same, but knowing DJI's Policy I thought it prudent to inquire, which yielded the result I posted. Costco very clearly said (tech support) they don't deal with DJI drones after 90 days, but to contact the manufacturer after the 90 days are up. And where that leads with DJI you can imagine.

Reactions: hookalakupua
The information can be found here: Where to Buy - DJI

B&H is an approved vendor according to the list, Costco is not. DJI is very clear about their policy. Drones bought from any vendor not on the approved list do not have any warranty coverage. Fry's Electronics, also a big DJI vendor, has the same problem. I am not sure these businesses are even aware of the fact that DJI changed their terms.

@PT_Mavic: I would have believed the same, but knowing DJI's Policy I thought it prudent to inquire, which yielded the result I posted. Costco very clearly said (tech support) they don't deal with DJI drones after 90 days, but to contact the manufacturer after the 90 days are up. And where that leads with DJI you can imagine.
So if I were to buy "new sealed package" form the classified section I would not have a warrenty? Could I add dji care if it was bought from a non appoved vendor?

So if I were to buy "new sealed package" form the classified section I would not have a warrenty? Could I add dji care if it was bought from a non appoved vendor?

According to DJI you would not have a warranty. It could be argued that the original owner bought from an approved dealer, but I wouldn't bank on it. As far as I know you can get DJI care within 48 hours after activating the drone (so no 'flown once or twice' ones), but I still have not seen a statement that DJI care covers everything the original warranty does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada