DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Owners - What Are Your First Impressions?

LuvMyTJ

Reactions
- THIS THREAD IS FOR MAVIC OWNERS -

Now that DJI has shaken the drone world up again with the release of the all new Mavic Pro, what are your first impressions of it? Do you like it? If you are a current or former owner of a Phantom do you think they compare?

My first drone was a Phantom FC40, I then moved to a Typhoon Q500 but the size of drones put me off lugging it about so I sold that.
Seeing the Mavic Pro on the launch day made my mind up very quick and I will get mine hopefully in the next week or two if not this weekend (hoping on a miracle)

For me, I loved the P3 but hated the lack of portability. Kind of like this in it's first days of launch:
BagPhone.jpg

Now with the Mavic Pro and portability and functionality have drastically increased, I can't wait. It's like going from the above phone to my first iPhone. Magic... Hey.. Maybe they should have called it that. Magic Pro... :)

For me, I loved the P3 but hated the lack of portability. Kind of like this in it's first days of launch:
BagPhone.jpg

Now with the Mavic Pro and portability and functionality have drastically increased, I can't wait. It's like going from the above phone to my first iPhone. Magic... Hey.. Maybe they should have called it that. Magic Pro... :)
The magic mavic

I would like to have goggles as well, but I understand they will cost almost as much as the drone itself.
DJI should make a big step in price to make it accessible for a broad audience.

I read a review from a while back that estimated the cost at $250. Ya Right!
But with 85° FOV, 1080p and wireless I'll buy it anyway.

I'm hoping DJI isn't rushing making them and we end up with a bunch of messed up drones

I bought the Mavic because I loved my P3p but... second cracked shell repair coming up. So I was looking to get a P4.. The same day the MAvic was released so BOOM! ordered and now I wait to get my bird that appears to be the best prosumer drone released to date.

Impatient to get it! It will replace my P3A. As I travel a lot the Mavic will be very useful!

Hate the long wait! the mavic will replace my deceased P3A and hopefully, it will fly without any glitches, if only it came any sooner.
what is the service plan everyone is intending to use? DJI Care or neary-media? or something else.

Hate the long wait! the mavic will replace my deceased P3A and hopefully, it will fly without any glitches, if only it came any sooner.
what is the service plan everyone is intending to use? DJI Care or neary-media? or something else.
I'm going to use DJI Care

I was perfectly happy with my P3 Pro except for one thing: I never took it on plane trips because I had to choose between my camera backpack or my Phantom backpack. Now I can fit the Mavic and accessories in the accessory compartment of my camera backpack!

I'm addicted to DJI stuff. Wish they'd stop bringing new gear out. Don't know how much longer the marriage will last!!!!
Looking forward to getting the Mavic - it appears clearly the best yet.
Just hope it doesn't have the usual teething problems that come with their new products.
I'll give DJI credit though in that eventually they always fix the problems up.

I've only owned an Inspire so the portability factor is a huge deal me. I lug around a huge pelican case so this will make flying, especially just for practice, much more casual and spontaneous. Truth be told, I hit the BUY NOW button after watching the "Fly for Fun" video with the two kids flying FPV...I've been flying professionally and have always wanted a racing quad so the idea of this being something I can fly for business and pleasure was just too much! Had to have it.

OK, finally received my Mavic FMP yesterday, charged up everything, did the IMU, Gimbal & Gimbal roll calibrations as well as stick calibration (right stick stuck at 5% tried 3 times but flew fine no drift). Nice day today, in the 60's with no wind so went to fly my 3 batteries down to 50% after a compass calibration. First thing, compared to my P2 or P3 this thing seemed to be nailed in place while hovering. The speed with OA on is less than I am used to, but with it off more than I am used to, Yaw response is slower, but altitude gain is faster, as is decent, love the auto pause at 3'. I can't judge battery life as I only run new batteries down to 50% the first 10 cycles, but 50% got me 15 minutes on all 3 of them, so a solid 25 minutes should be doable with 10% safety. Man this thing is easy to lose against a blue sky at 2000' so DJI needs to get the Radar pointer fixed in IOS, because once you lose it you don't know which way to orient the antennas to point them at the Mavic. I ended up just swinging the controller for max signal. Only took it out 2500' but had a solid signal, and no video dropouts like my P3. Tested 'follow me' and 'Active track', as well as the 'selfie' mode, all worked fine. Stick response seems to need some tweaking, but that is just my preference, others may like it just fine. Love the fact that the entire kit fits in my messenger sling bag, with room left over. Set up and tear down is a matter of a minute or so, much faster than my Phantom. So, all in all I am impressed with this quad, haven't had a chance to evaluate the video or photo quality, will do that tomorrow, but from what I see on the web it should be just fine for my purposes.

Reactions: Fplvert
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada