DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic paired with Fatshark Dominator V3.

David Webb

Reactions
Hello everyone, I've ordered my Mavic and an waiting patiently. I also purchased a pair on Fatshark Dominator V3 Goggles with a Furious True-D Diversity Receiver System And the FatShark Trinity Head Tracker Module W/Cables - Dominator Cables.

Have I made the right decision with the goggles?

Hello everyone, I've ordered my Mavic and an waiting patiently. I also purchased a pair on Fatshark Dominator V3 Goggles with a Furious True-D Diversity Receiver System And the FatShark Trinity Head Tracker Module W/Cables - Dominator Cables.

Unfortunately no.
The Fatsharks are totally incompatible with the DJI Occusync protocol.

What about if I use the
Fat Shark 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver Module V2, 32CH Race Band
No, the Mavic RC, video downlink and telemetry does not even use the 5.8ghz spectrum.
Furthermore, the encryption is a proprietary system developed by DJI which means other equipment is incompatible

id be looking at cancelling that order for the goggles.
Only way to make use of them would be to attach another camera and tx to the mavic, but Im not sure this is a good idea

Want to sell the Fatsharks?

Reactions: MavicProMX
If the Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2 is released next month, we should have the option to use that remote controller with the Mavic. That's assuming that it has an HDMI output and/or is compatible with some type of HDMI output module.

If the Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2 is released next month, we should have the option to use that remote controller with the Mavic. That's assuming that it has an HDMI output and/or is compatible with some type of HDMI output module.
No reason why a new P4 pro wouldn't have HDMI either OEM or as an Option, I added it to my P3, worked well.

No reason why a new P4 pro wouldn't have HDMI either OEM or as an Option, I added it to my P3, worked well.
If a new P4 is released I would expect it to use the newer video protocols. P3S and P3P don't use the same, DJI moved on with newer models to better systems.

I personally feel the Phantom series is dead. It was a great platform but I don't see them continuing with the demand of the Mavic. The Inspire 2 and the Mavics are the future of DJI. Would be nice to see a new model next year that offers a mid range product for them!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: HarryMerkin
And DJI is smart to only make it compatible with ONLY their headset! Someone will make a controller hack for those that want to void a factory warranty or DJI care Refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes those fat sharks will work but only with A nvidia shield tablet since it has an hdmi output already . You don't need all those other modules unless you plan on getting a racing quad or a quad that uses 5.8 ghz frequency.

I personally feel the Phantom series is dead.
I guess you mean dead to you? It's most certainly not dead since DJI is ramping up to release a new Phantom 4 aircraft.

If a new P4 is released I would expect it to use the newer video protocols. P3S and P3P don't use the same, DJI moved on with newer models to better systems.
They are making a P4 Pro, and just because it has Occu-sync between the quad and controller that has nothing to do with the ability to provide a HDMI output for video. As stated the only consideration would be if they decided to omit it so you are forced to get their goggles. But I don't think that will happen as many P3 & P4 owners use goggles, besides I am thinking all of the new Mavic owners will be buying up all of the available DJI goggles for awhile (I will if the price is right)

I am new to this tech,
but if I can have a video chat from my phone/tablet to my other phone/tablet,
and I can "screen share" whilst in a video chat (like Hangouts) from one to the other,
do any of these "off the shelf googles" support this type of connection?
This way my Mavic Pro receives the signal, sends to my tethered phone/tablet which it shares to my nearby googles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929