DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilot from St Charles, IL

singram

Reactions
Hey there all! New member here from St Charles, IL. Stumbled upon the site a year ago, and finally got around to joining!

A bit about me- Started flying drones approx 3yrs ago with a Mini 2, ended up catching the photography/videography bug hard so after a bit of research chose a Mavic 3 Classic. I purposely avoided the regular Mavic as I really had no use for the telephoto lens. The Classic with the DJI RC seemed to be the best fit for me, my only regret being not purchasing the Fly More combo as well. I still keep the Mini as its a BLAST to fly, and the camera is more then satisfactory enough to fill in for the Mavic when tight spaces or discretion is a concern.

Favorite types of photography/videography- Hands down, urban/suburban architecture. Bridges, towers, cool buildings, city skylines, dams and trains. Are trains considered architecture? lol!

Editing- as I've gotten more proficient in editing, I bought a subscription for both Premier Pro and Lightroom and pretty much follow Youtube channels on topics I'm looking to get more into.

Eventually I do plan on picking up some side gigs(real estate photography, areal inspection, etc), but so far have been basically been just enjoying the hobby aspect of it. No real hurry, as all equipment thus far is paid for. Eventually. Anyways, glad to be here and finally registering so I can have a look at the photo/vids I couldnt see while lurking. Also, I do have a ton of questions as I dont know anyone in real life that also flies drones, but plenty of time for that. Cheers!!!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann, in Hurst, Texas!

Isn't it great to have the flexibility of vantage points an aerial camera platform affords? You get shots and videos you could only dream of before! I fly a Mavic 2 Pro now, but will soon be upgrading to the Mini 3 Pro.

We have over 150,000 members—many from the Chicago area--who enjoy helping each other get the most out of our drones. Many of the questions you may have have already been addressed, and are easy to search. If you have NEW questions, just ask!

Glad to have you with us!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Hello from the Crossroads of America singram.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey there all! New member here from St Charles, IL. Stumbled upon the site a year ago, and finally got around to joining!

A bit about me- Started flying drones approx 3yrs ago with a Mini 2, ended up catching the photography/videography bug hard so after a bit of research chose a Mavic 3 Classic. I purposely avoided the regular Mavic as I really had no use for the telephoto lens. The Classic with the DJI RC seemed to be the best fit for me, my only regret being not purchasing the Fly More combo as well. I still keep the Mini as its a BLAST to fly, and the camera is more then satisfactory enough to fill in for the Mavic when tight spaces or discretion is a concern.

Favorite types of photography/videography- Hands down, urban/suburban architecture. Bridges, towers, cool buildings, city skylines, dams and trains. Are trains considered architecture? lol!

Editing- as I've gotten more proficient in editing, I bought a subscription for both Premier Pro and Lightroom and pretty much follow Youtube channels on topics I'm looking to get more into.

Eventually I do plan on picking up some side gigs(real estate photography, areal inspection, etc), but so far have been basically been just enjoying the hobby aspect of it. No real hurry, as all equipment thus far is paid for. Eventually. Anyways, glad to be here and finally registering so I can have a look at the photo/vids I couldnt see while lurking. Also, I do have a ton of questions as I dont know anyone in real life that also flies drones, but plenty of time for that. Cheers!!!
Welcome to the forum.

Started flying drones approx 3yrs ago with a Mini 2, ended up catching the photography/videography bug hard so after a bit of research chose a Mavic 3 Classic.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2 and the Mavic 3 Classic, including the User Manuals.

After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929