DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum Props on the Standard Mavic

TrayBoz

Reactions
I think the million dollar question is:
When I put the newly-designed Mavic Platinum props on my standard Mavic, am I going to hear a significant noise reduction?

Anyone have the new props yet and tried this?

Please post here when you do, I'd love to know.

Reactions: Toni-14
This has been proposed by many people (including me) in posts already.
It's widely accepted (by me) you'll get less noise, less performance and more flying time.
Though all 3 would be unnoticeable outside of tests.
Go forth on a quest to find said test video and you will be given Props verbatim

Reactions: PharmAir
I have heard it is only on the horizontal plane that there is noise reduction.

ie) flying at head height at close range.

DJI claim landing and takeoff but would have loved to include all flight in their claim, which they didnt.

I think anyone into modding knows exactly how DJI is doing it (reducing noise)
The ESC & battery spiel is just for credibility

Basically what they've done is to put winglets on the tips of the props. This is a well established method of reducing noise and turbulance by stopping the vortexes that form at the point where the speed of the greatest. It will be interesting to get some first hand reports on the difference.

Propellers F8331(Platinum) for old Mavic Pro can reduce the noise and increase 1 Minutes plus flight time. It also increase the stability on hovering and flight. I order directly from china taobao online. My country have to wait 2 month for mavic pro platinum and accessories to arrive. Buy from China more cheaper. DJI is from China. China products are great.

As the title says it's only a noise test, pure decibel measuring. Indeed, a very smart person will soon upload a video with all the technical aspects ;)

Reactions: guest_1121
Someone commented with the following numbers;
Platinum w/ 8331 (new): 68. vs Mavic Pro w/ 8331 (new): 71.
Platinum w/ 8330 (old): 73. vs Mavic Pro w/ 8330 (old): 74.
Platinum without props: 63. vs Pro without props: 73.
New ESC/motors significantly quieter.

So the Platinum saves you a few dB. I find the new ESC to be the most noticable. The high pitch noise is gone on the Platinum.

Mixed bands for a couple of decades now, myself. I suggest you learn a leeeetle bit more on audio theory before you attempt to correct and inform others. 3dB is considered an audible difference in volume to the human listener. 10dB is considered twice the volume. Your understanding of the measurement of audio levels appears to be.... faulty. Your citations of volumes to the events appear to be..... wrong.

http://makeitlouder.com/Decibel Level Chart.txt

Reactions: tracer bullet

Not impressed. Even weighted numbers don't support you. LD? I wouldn't even admit that I'd done it. Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested in purchasing the Mavic platinum props, they are available here in the DJI Store.

i’ve received mine yesterday and it’s definitely more quiet. it’s not easy to hear the difference on the video but i can say it’s noticeably quieter than the stock props

Cool you preordered too I guess .
@Advexure where my props .
cry baby 2.gif

Reactions: NinjaNut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada