DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic platinum wont connect to a computer or its remote controller

O3T

Reactions
Greetings everyone, I have a problem with my mavic platinum, it doesn't connect to a computer and also its remote controller. I need hep to fix it. i have changed several cables but no response. The tiny light by the side of the SD card doesn't come up to enable link the controller to the drone.

I have never crashed it or even dropped it.... Used it last on the 1st of October 2919

Greetings everyone, I have a problem with my mavic platinum, it doesn't connect to a computer and also its remote controller. I need hep to fix it. i have changed several cables but no response. The tiny light by the side of the SD card doesn't come up to enable link the controller to the drone.
By computer, do you mean with Assistant 2? Does it boot on it's own with the camera gimbal going through its initialization actions, then pointing straight?

I apologize for asking questions rather than giving answers but it would be helpful to know.
1. What kind of computer are you using? PC or MAC?
2. What app or program are you using?
3. Have you ever successfully connected before?

I am using a PC. I normally connect it without any program to extract footages taken. The problem is that that tiny light in the SD card slot area isn't lighting up when the drone powers on. My other mavic pro works well but this particular drone just woke up on day and decided to give me these problems.

I checked the light on my MPP and it does come on when connected to the RC. My suggestion is to try to re-link the RC. And if you do, do NOT press the link button too hard, it's kind of fragile.
Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 8.13.13 AM.png

I tried it several times and its still same issue. Normally when I boot the drone, the little light by the button ought to come on but it doesn't .

Hmmmm. Looking at this problem one issue at a time, the light should come on even with the RC off. Since it does not, that indicates a possible failure in the main board ( the bottom board with the sensors).

When you boot the AC, does it go through all of its other activities: Mavic sound, moving the props, rear light blinking, and reset of the camera gimbal?

I wish I could be of some help but I have no idea what could be the problem. Please let us know when and how you solve this problem. And you will no doubt solve it.

Did you check that you didn't accidentally put it into Wi-Fi mode? That probably wouldn't explain not being able to connect to the PC though. The SD card should at least show.

That's what bothers me.... The SD doesn't even show up... No even a sound of connection to the PC... I tried several cables still yet the problem persists. Its not on WiFi, I tried pressing that button for the linking to the RC and still yet no connection.

For SD to show up on a PC as USB storage, be sure Assistant is installed. In theory it shouldn't matter, but it has made a difference for some.
At the very least, the AC should show up as an unknown USB composite device in Device Manager. If it does, have Windows search for drivers for the individual sub-devices under the composite device. Probably easiest to find in DM as connection view.

It does look like an AC fault though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54