DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Power bank adapter not working? + Power bank

m4v1c

Reactions
Hello,

I have the DJI Power Bank Adapter from the combo kit; I wanted to clarify, the adapter is used for when you want to use the Mavic battery to charge the RC controller AND my phone, correct? When I used the adapter, it ONLY charged the RC controller, but not my phone (Google Nexus 6P; uses USB-C).

I've tried using 2 different USB wires, but again only chargers the RC controller. Do I have a defective adapter?

EDIT: I just tried attaching the Mavic battery to the RC and IT DIDNT CHARGE...lol; the Mavic battery was atleast 50% (2 solid green, 1 blinking green)
Also, side question but is there a way to charge the Mavic batteries with a Anker PowerCore 26800 mAh/96.48 wH?

Input: 5V ⎓ 4A (5V ⎓ 2A Max Per Port)
Output: 5V ⎓ 6A (5V ⎓ 3A Max Per Port)

Amazon.com: Anker PowerCore 26800 Portable Charger, 26800mAh External Battery with Dual Input Port and Double-Speed Recharging, 3 USB Ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android and other Smart Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks!

Last edited:
In your photograph, the Mavic battery isn't turned on...maybe that's why it isn't charging the RC!
The Anker unit only outputs 5 volts, so obviously useless for charging batteries.

Reactions: Piranha
In your photograph, the Mavic battery isn't turned on...maybe that's why it isn't charging the RC!
The Anker unit only outputs 5 volts, so obviously useless for charging batteries.

Yeah, as rockydog says.... turn on the battery!

Even when I clicked the battery button, the green lights flash/stay solid based on the battery % then stops and theres NO signs of my phone or RC charging :/

Even when I clicked the battery button, the green lights flash/stay solid based on the battery % then stops and theres NO signs of my phone or RC charging :/

Could be that you are pulling too much current. Maybe you can only charge a phone or an RC.

Turn on battery means pressing button once then let go and press button again and hold until all leds lights up, same way you would turn it on when it's attached to the mavic. Pressing once will just show battery level for a few seconds. To turn off use same method as turning on.

Turn it on as if you would turn on the drone. It's still off if you single tap it.

Turn on battery means pressing button once then let go and press button again and hold until all leds lights up, same way you would turn it on when it's attached to the mavic. Pressing once will just show battery level for a few seconds. To turn off use same method as turning on.
Turn it on as if you would turn on the drone. It's still off if you single tap it.

Lol...ok i feel dumb, yes it works for both my RC & phone...I'm so use to connecting my phone directly to an Anker powerbank and having it charge my device without manually turning it the powerbank on.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
no, the opposite. the adapter allows you to charger the RC from the AC battery.

why would you want to do that? Anyways. Is there a way to charge the battery with a powerbank?

If your flying with a few batteries your RC is going to run low on charge. One of the used AC batteries can charge up the RC.

Reactions: Kilrah
You can just charge the remote with a powerbank.
Works both ways.. you don't need a powerbank if you have the adapter.

I see his point, there's not much point having a charger RC if you now have a flat AC battery, and a power bank is a lot cheaper than a spare AC battery if you're just going to use it to run a USB port. that's why I have a 20Ah battery bank in my carry case.

savan.b - no, you can't charge the AC batteries with a normal power bank, because (at the very least) the voltage is way too low, and then you have capacity and current issues. you could charge from a 12v source with the car charger, or get a dedicated battery bank like these, which also solves the USB problem.

DroneMax M10 – Portable Drone Battery Charging Station – Energen
https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-25000mAh-Platinum-Outdoor-Portable/dp/B07CGGZ3XN
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Portable-Charging-Compatible-Intelligent/dp/B0789JDL4C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje