DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pre Flight Checklist

Glim1000

Reactions
Hi All,

Anxiously awaiting a Mavic along with everyone else here, while waiting I have been pouring over this site, DJI's site and the FAA UAS site trying to find info on a pre-flight checklist. I referenced Adam Savage's Inspire 1 checklist, the Mavic user guide, quick start manual and quickly put this together.

Lets add/remove/modify this document and post back here for all to use.

Link to docx and PDF files

Attachments

• Mavic pre-flight.pdf
    334.6 KB · Views: 2,690
Last edited:
Hi All,

Anxiously awaiting a Mavic along with everyone else here, while waiting I have been pouring over this site, DJI's site and the FAA UAS site trying to find info on a pre-flight checklist. I referenced Adam Savage's Inspire 1 and the Mavic user and quick start manual and quickly put this together.

Lets add/remove/modify this document and post back here for all to use.

Link to docx and PDF files
Congrats !! Very nice work. When you say put the phone in no disturb mode is it the same in airplane mod. Could the upcoming calls interfere with the flight??

Congrats !! Very nice work. When you say put the phone in no disturb mode is it the same in airplane mod. Could the upcoming calls interfere with the flight??

Typically on most smart phones when a call is received it takes over full screen and comes to the forefront. Any other application is relegated to the background. One would not want to be viewing a flight of thier Mavic Pro (drone) through the DJI Go app and have the app "pushed" into the background because a call came in.
Worst case would be that the incoming call crashed the DJI GO app and one had to restart the App or reboot thier entire phone.

You can add unfold propellers, as noted in the newest manual.

Typically on most smart phones when a call is received it takes over full screen and comes to the forefront. Any other application is relegated to the background. One would not want to be viewing a flight of thier Mavic Pro (drone) through the DJI Go app and have the app "pushed" into the background because a call came in.
Worst case would be that the incoming call crashed the DJI GO app and one had to restart the App or reboot thier entire phone.

Thank you BD0G for your clear answer. Is it necessary to keep the wifi on during indoors flights ?

Reactions: BD0G
Thank you BD0G for your clear answer. Is it necessary to keep the wifi on during indoors flights ?

Well yes and no. If one switches the Mavic Pro over to the dedicated WiFi control mode using the switch on the side of the Mavic Pro then by all means one would need to keep the WiFi enabled on thier phone to allow the DJI Go app to control the Mavic Pro. Turning it off would disallow one from controlling it.

Now if using the Phone connected to the handheld controller using either the included Lightning connector for IOSdevices -ie.Apple Iphones or the Micro USB Type B Connector for Android devices and the Mavic Pro HAS NOT been switched into WiFi mode using the switch on the side of the Mavic Pro then one can disable the WiFi mode on thier phones to save some power. The communication from the Mavic Pro's handheld controller is conducted over the 2.4 GHz to 2.483 GHz frequencies using the dual antenna on the controller. So WiFi would not be needed.

Since the WiFi mode of control is short range and potentially susceptible to interference (just like any WiFi signal) it would be recommended to control the Mavic Pro using the handheld controller where possible. I can see WiFi mode being used when one just wants to deploy the drone real quick and fly out and rotate it to get a quick close up "dronie" or selfie from a drone. Then there is no need to be concerned about manipulating the controller as it can be accomplished using just the smartphone.

If you like the replies and the information Mario then just click the LIKE button at the bottom of the posting :)

Last edited:
Here are a few pre-flight checklists created by DJI:

Maybe I can get a straight answer finally. Should GPS mode be on there as well? Ive flown with it on and off and had the same performance. Any benefits to it being on?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty