DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 1 black screen on iphone (did not use drone)

Jamesbrssa

Reactions
Hi,

So I used my drone around December 20 , 2018 and the streaming of the video to the dji go 4 app was going fine.

Today, February 14, 2019, I take my drone because I plan to go shoot this weekend. Launch everything, connect the phone to the rc and I have a black screen ??? So I left the drone working in December, open it up again in February and get black screen.

Thing I did:
- When I opened the app today (february 14, 2019) , at the select the drone page, I did an update, but can’t remember what update it was.

Things I notice:
-I can’t record or take photo with sd card in
-I can take photo and video using cache without sd card in
-Once I switch to photo option , I can’t go back to video option
-I can properly move the gimbal

Tried downgrading drone firmware until like july 2018.

Any ideas why this happened out of no where ?

Thanks !

Try and rotate the thumbwheel on the right side of the remote controller while connected to the Mavic and its powered up ready to fly.
It could be that the Exposure setting is turned way down and that is why you are not seeing an image. The image is there , but with exposure set to low values then the camera's sensor is not letting in enough light.

I'd delete the app and download it again.
It's more concerning what happened in your downgrade, which you say you 'tried'.
What happened there exactly?

It's a fair point above ^ that sometimes it's something really simple which you forgot after a few weeks - but it can escalate into a major fuxx up if you act hastily.

Reactions: Jamesbrssa
Try and rotate the thumbwheel on the right side of the remote controller while connected to the Mavic and its powered up ready to fly.
It could be that the Exposure setting is turned way down and that is why you are not seeing an image. The image is there , but with exposure set to low values then the camera's sensor is not letting in enough light.

Hi,

I have tried this, it is not the exposure sadly.. :(

Reactions: BD0G
I'd delete the app and download it again.
It's more concerning what happened in your downgrade, which you say you 'tried'.
What happened there exactly?

It's a fair point above ^ that sometimes it's something really simple which you forgot after a few weeks - but it can escalate into a major fuxx up if you act hastily.

Hi,

I did deinstall the App and reinstall it.

Regarding the downgrade, after doing the update on the App and seeing it was not working, I downgraded 2 firmwares below to try and still no success. Are you aware of what is the latest Mavic Pro 1 firmware ? Maybe I did not install a firmware but something else with the App.

Thank you !

Try recording and see if camera is working. Eliminate problem on AC side. If its working then problem could be with mobile device and DJI GO4 app. Try on different device. Try also a different cable between RC and mobile device.

Try recording and see if camera is working. Eliminate problem on AC side. If its working then problem could be with mobile device and DJI GO4 app. Try on different device. Try also a different cable between RC and mobile device.

I reupgrated to last firmware.

Did the following tests, the AC or Remote or app or whatever seems completely ****** up :

- If I have no SD card in I can control to start the recording and stop it, I can also take pictures but they appear black if I go into the album of the DJI Go 4 App.

- If I insert an SD Card, sometimes the recording of a video start automatically and I can't turn it off. I also cannot take photos. If the recording does not start automatically, if I start the recording, I can't turn it back off. It is stuck on recording.

Is there a way to reset the AC like factory reset ? To obtain everything like when I bought it (first firmware, every pc inside resented, etc) ?

I don't get why it is doing this:

December, I was on my couch with the AC on the table just looking at functions I can adjust with the Mavic Pro 1. I closed it, put the plastic cover over the Camera and put it on my desk in my room.

February, I take it to open it and see functions to prepare my shooting. I open the AC, controller, connect my iPhone to the controller, open the app, do the update and bam not screen and all those bugs..

What happen while it has not been used lol ?

I think I have my answer, some wite are cut there, does the camera should still work with 2-3 wire cut out of all ?

6544A2BA-E3BE-41C1-AC51-69622275F2A0.jpeg

I think its camera cable ribbon. It is the exposed wire from camera to gimble. It is different on the mavic 2. It is more like a flat ribbon instead of wire strand.

I think its camera cable ribbon. It is the exposed wire from camera to gimble. It is different on the mavic 2. It is more like a flat ribbon instead of wire strand.

Now that I touched it with my finger, I cannot control the gimbal motor with my remote.

When I start the Drone, the gimbal does it's test and everything, but the camera stays down. I open the remote and can't control the up and down, using the left roll button, of the camera.

I should replace this wire ?

MP doesn't have built in storage. That was added for Air and m2.

SD card in one's mobile or not would not affect recording HD recording. What goes to the mobile is lower quality cached video.

The OP has 2 different problems. First is a video problem caused by the broken silver cable. HIs inability inability to rotate the gimbal downward is probably caused by a broken flat ribbon cable.

There seem to be some parts missing to this puzzle. How did the silver cable get broken? Was there a crash? In my experience, drones just don't accidentally stop working after they had worked the previous time. Maybe his cat got to it while it was on his coffee table.

The OP has 2 different problems. First is a video problem caused by the broken silver cable. HIs inability inability to rotate the gimbal downward is probably caused by a broken flat ribbon cable.

There seem to be some parts missing to this puzzle. How did the silver cable get broken? Was there a crash? In my experience, drones just don't accidentally stop working after they had worked the previous time. Maybe his cat got to it while it was on his coffee table.

Hey Thunderdrones. Thanks for the info. Sadly I have no cat haha, maybe sometimes I start it while the plastic is covering the camera and it could hit somewhere or I hit the cable with my finger or any.

I ordered the silver cable and will replace this part and see after if it's working, than I'll change the ribbon cable.

Thanks for all the information guys !

Hey Thunderdrones. Thanks for the info. Sadly I have no cat haha, maybe sometimes I start it while the plastic is covering the camera and it could hit somewhere or I hit the cable with my finger or any.

I ordered the silver cable and will replace this part and see after if it's working, than I'll change the ribbon cable.

Thanks for all the information guys !

@Jamesbrssa if you need help changing it, just update this thread. The LVDS cable is a real PITA to replace. You have to strip the whole gimbal down, and you will have to replace the flat ribbon cable if you change the LVDS cable. The ribbon always breaks when I disassemble the gimbal.

The final part of disassembly is removing the lens from the gimbal motor assembly. I use a spudger, but even then, sometimes they are really hard to get off. My palms get sweaty just writing about it.

When you order the LVDS cable, you might want to order 2 and also 2 ribbons in case you break one when installing. You could always return anything you dont use.

Reactions: BD0G and Jamesbrssa
@Jamesbrssa if you need help changing it, just update this thread. The LVDS cable is a real PITA to replace. You have to strip the whole gimbal down, and you will have to replace the flat ribbon cable if you change the LVDS cable. The ribbon always breaks when I disassemble the gimbal.

@Thunderdrones , than I guess I'll order a Ribbon Cable too to change both at the same time. If you have any good video that you know on how to replace both, it would really help me.

Thanks. lot for all this info !

@Thunderdrones , than I guess I'll order a Ribbon Cable too to change both at the same time. If you have any good video that you know on how to replace both, it would really help me.

Thanks. lot for all this info !

I would order 2 each of the ribbon and the LVDS. Sometimes when I troubleshoot a gimbal, I can go through 3 ribbons just to identify the bad part. I only charge the customer for 1, so I try to be careful installing them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett