DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 Infinity focus problem

dipanjan94

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am very new to flying drones. I have bought a second hand Mavic Pro 1, and it has this strange issue of focusing at night. I have read every possible guide and have done every kind of calibration, but it still does not work. I have set the focus to be manual and then set it to infinity as well, but still the distant light sources appear as some sort of tiny bokeh. I have never got a sharp image at night.

I have also tried the trick of tapping on a brighter part of the frame to set the focus. Still didn't work.

Any help regarding the solution is appreciated. Attaching an image for better understanding. You can just zoom in to find that the frame is evidently not in focus.

Attachments

• DJI_0052.jpg
    DJI_0052.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 29
Hello everyone, I am very new to flying drones. I have bought a second hand Mavic Pro 1, and it has this strange issue of focusing at night. I have read every possible guide and have done every kind of calibration, but it still does not work. I have set the focus to be manual and then set it to infinity as well, but still the distant light sources appear as some sort of tiny bokeh. I have never got a sharp image at night.

I have also tried the trick of tapping on a brighter part of the frame to set the focus. Still didn't work.

Any help regarding the solution is appreciated. Attaching an image for better understanding. You can just zoom in to find that the frame is evidently not in focus.

1. Switch to photo mode.
2. Zoom in all the way
3. Go to camera settings>the menu with the gear icon thing>focus peaking> turn to normal.
4. Look at an object that you can make out what it is and will know what it’s suppose to look like in focus. (A lit up McDonalds sign would be ideal for instance.) that is at least 50m (164 feet) away.

5. Switch to manual focus
6. Slide the manual focus bar up and down and when the red outline(you’ll know what I mean when you do it) gets to be it’s brightest is when it is the most in focus.
7. Zoom back out and happy flying

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest