DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1: Updating firmware for first time ?‍♂️

starlustre

Reactions
I just tried to update through the app after not updating since I purchased the unit over 3 years ago and it was a complete disaster, now I've spent hours trying to get any firmware to completely install via the app, a pc and a mac to no avail, even using at least 4 different versions of Assistant 2. After spending hours on the phone multiple times with DJI they're answer is that I need to send it in for repair... Again, complete disaster!

If anyone has any ideas for me please respond, otherwise it's going in the mail on Monday and I hope to God they don't say it's all my fault and quote me hundreds of dollars to fix it, which I have a feeling they will...

I've only dealt with the M2P and Smart Controller,, so not sure this is relevant. One thing I've found is that some update/programming involves having both the drone and controller powered up and connected as well as connecting the drone to the computer.

Reactions: Thomas B
take a deep breath ,make a cuppa and make sure all your devices are fully charged drone battery controller and screen first off delete the app and the reinstall it with everything connected up controller to device and drone turned on with props off for safety and if possible a small desk fan blowing over the drone to keep it cool start the firmware update this will take a fair time due to you not updating for so long with any luck it should finally tell you update successful depending how many batteries you have you will probably need to update them as well and you will get a message telling you what to do the first time you put them in the drone and get to the go fly screen good luck

Download the firmware you want with DankDroneDownloader and try flashing with DUMLdore.
Perhaps @brett8883 can help if that doesn't work.

Reactions: starlustre
take a deep breath ,make a cuppa and make sure all your devices are fully charged drone battery controller and screen first off delete the app and the reinstall it with everything connected up controller to device and drone turned on with props off for safety and if possible a small desk fan blowing over the drone to keep it cool start the firmware update this will take a fair time due to you not updating for so long with any luck it should finally tell you update successful depending how many batteries you have you will probably need to update them as well and you will get a message telling you what to do the first time you put them in the drone and get to the go fly screen good luck
Thx for the recommendation but I'm afraid it's the same story, remote and drone no longer are connected, when I try to link the remote in the app nothing happens, and the app only syncs with the drone in wifi mode. I guess I could use the drone just in wifi mode with a phone screen... but that sounds like a ****** solution.. I've also tried just updating the remote firmware via multiple versions of the assistant... :(

Download the firmware you want with DankDroneDownloader and try flashing with DUMLdore.
Perhaps @brett8883 can help if that doesn't work.

Once I download the firmware do I just run it and it installs on the drone? I'm only familiar with the Assistant 2 software so this direct firmware download is new to me. Thanks for the idea!

Pm brett8883 he will know, i believe in order to upgrade you have to do it in steps. .700, .1000, once you get above .0100 or .0300 you can jump up. Been awhile since I've done it you may also need assistant 112. Sign up for software mods in mavpilots its been tossed around all last summer

Reactions: starlustre
It's a .bin file... I have no idea what to do with this.
The .bin file is the firmware for the drone. You now need software called dumbldore to install it on the Mavic. Use your pc. I’d never use an app on a smartphone to flash software on to my drone. If I’m about to fly and a warning about new firmware pops up, I just ignore it!

Just wondered if you’d inadvertently moved the switch above the sd card from R/C to WiFi?
No, it's on RC atm. Since the first failed update the remote has not been able to connect to the drone, I've tried updating the firmware on the remote but the remote won't read to either a pc or mac.

I've tried DUMLdore 3 and 2.12 and both give me errors when I try to flash, am I doing something wrong? I followed this tutorial:

Also I messaged @brett8883 but he hasn't responded..

Could you explain what exactly stopped working after the update? Perhaps there is a simple solution such as re-linking the RC to the AC.

Could you explain what exactly stopped working after the update? Perhaps there is a simple solution such as re-linking the RC to the AC.
Yes that is the main thing that happend.. RC will no longer connect to AC, I can connect to AC via wifi just fine. I'm trying to update firmware on RC via mac and pc (thru USB) but can't get the RC to register to either assistant or dumldore, dumldore won't even open when RC is connected. I've also tried turning on the RC when it's already plugged in and turning on the RC then plugging in, neither method is working for me. Any thoughts?

Please help!

Did you get anywhere with the update? I'm about to fire mine up for the first time in almost 2 years. I'm sure I've got hours of updates ahead of me. Hopefully trouble free.

Nope i’m ******, i highly recommend never doing updates if you don’t have to
I have seen were guys have pulled the case of the drone off and removed the internal SD card wiped it and re installed a firmware. Not the SD card on the side for storing videos but there is one inside the airframe.

Link to thread

Hope this helps your issue.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose