DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Camera Focusing

tca

Reactions
Is the camera focusing on the Mavic 2 pro automatic or do you have to do the focusing. Is it had to focus?

Its both. If you begin flying the green box will appear indicating what is currently in focus that it could grab automatically. So lets say it focuses to infinity and you want to focus on something that is in the foreground . You then need to manually touch that area on screen so the box can gain focus of that foreground object instead of focusing on the more distant object or objects.

I prefer to set the AFC (auto focus continuous) to OFF, but leave AF ON. This way I make it a habit to focus on an appropriate subject before or at the beginning of my shooting sequence. I don't trust the "infinity" setting as it is just not all that precise. This most likely because the "infinity" setting if it were individually calibrated (not sure that is the case) would not be the same across multiple cameras.

I always set focus (tap screen or customized button) just after takeoff.
I've found too many times blurry recordings for the first 5 minutes.

I have the sharpness indicator set so I can tell if it's reasonably in focus. I wish it would show red when NOT in focus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11