DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 Charging

Reactions: Droniac
Probably a dumb question, but what makes this charger so much better than the charging hub that came with the fly more kit.
Not only will it charge Up to 4 batteries at one time, It has two other modes. One mode will completely discharge up to four batteries, the other mode will bring up to four batteries into storage mode, which will allow you to let the batteries sit around at a safe voltage level.

Last edited:
Coming from the land of RC Planes, I was told to NEVER discharge to 0% as irreparable damage will occur....(?)

Not sure how I have somehow never seen this charger before, but I am more interested in the discharge/maintenance function. With our long Winters, battery maintenance can be rather tedious and I am extremely picky about maintaining my batteries perfectly. The only thing that concerns me is it's not good for your batteries to ever be drained to 0% - can you adjust the level it discharges to without manually pulling the batteries off the charger? I would not want it to force-drain my batteries to 0% but otherwise I would buy this for the discharge/storage charge functions alone.

Also does anyone know the actual discharge rate it uses? Currently I've just been using the power bank adapter and charging my phones/tablets to discharge for maintenance.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this but does anyone have an answer to the above, regarding this charger?

Will this charger actually take your batteries to 0%? If so that is not good. Or is there perhaps an option to make it stop the discharge at 15% or something?

I want to pick one up but not if there is no way to prevent it from discharging the batteries 100% of the way. That is one of the worst things you can do to a lithium battery aside from extreme heat.

I see no way to modify the minimum voltage.For that reason I use ONLY the charge and storage modes.
I,too,never take a lipo to empty as I have read too many people say don't do it.
Storage mode takes it to where I want it,and I never operate the charger unattended.

Sorry to bump this but does anyone have an answer to the above, regarding this charger?

Will this charger actually take your batteries to 0%? If so that is not good. Or is there perhaps an option to make it stop the discharge at 15% or something?

I want to pick one up but not if there is no way to prevent it from discharging the batteries 100% of the way. That is one of the worst things you can do to a lithium battery aside from extreme heat.
The Hanatora discharge mode stops at about 14V or 3.5V per cell.

For the longest time I was reluctant to take mine to Zero using the Hanatora. Other people were doing it so I tried it. It was no problem. It's just a matter of how you define Zero.

Not only will it charge Up to 4 batteries at one time, It has two other modes. One mode will completely discharge up to four batteries, the other mode will bring up to four batteries into storage mode, which will allow you to let the batteries sit around at a safe voltage level.
Would you advise me how I can use my Hanatora to charge to "Storage Voltage and stop. I'm unfamiliar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu