DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 - Limp Gimbal

Robodan

Reactions
So i purchased the Mavic Pro 2 about 7 months ago and flew it probably about 20 or 30 times with great success. I put it away when the weather started turning bad a couple months ago and just got it back out of the case about two weeks ago to fly. At start up the gimbal did not go thru its normal movements it just remained limp. I made sure I had the latest firmware and the drone has never had any kind of hard landing. I tried and tried restarting the drone with the gimbal still not responding. I just sent it in to Grapevine,Tx. to DJI service Depot. Hope I hear something soon. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE AND IF SO WHAT WAS THE ROOT CAUSE?

Did you do a gimbal re-calibration?

At any rate, I doubt there's a single root cause. Last week, I found my M2P in my backpack without the gimbal protector on, so I wondered how long it had been flopping around. My worst fears were realized when I fired it up and it would only do side-to-side movements, no up-down, and not smooth at all at that. I did a re-calibration in the Gimbal menu and it did not help. So I turned it all off, then on again, saw the start-up gimbal movements still not doing the up-down, then did another gimbal calibration and it all came back.

So I guess another questions is: when you took it out of the case, did it still have the gimbal protector on?

Chris

Gimbal protector was still in place and case has been stored in closet with no movement. I did all the re-calibrations that DJI suggested but nothing worked. I read a few more post that other people had same issue. Put drone away for a while and gimbal remained limp on next start up. Was hoping someone would know what the issue is.

So I already received a response and here it is : Get Service Here!!!
Dear Customer,

This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Case Info.
Customer
RobersonDaniel

Case No.
CAS-3971754-S0J6Y1

Quotation Date
2020-Feb-20

Remark

WARRANTY: Dear Customer, this product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). - DJI North America

Item List

Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Pro)
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 185.00
Total Price: 185.00​

Repair Service Fee

Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 65.00​

Tax

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment (USD$)

Reactions: Thomas B
So I already received a response and here it is : Get Service Here!!!
Dear Customer,

This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Case Info.
Customer
RobersonDaniel

Case No.
CAS-3971754-S0J6Y1

Quotation Date
2020-Feb-20

Remark

WARRANTY: Dear Customer, this product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). - DJI North America

Item List

Gimbal Axis Arm Module (Pro)
Net Price : 185.00
Total Price: 185.00​

Repair Service Fee

Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 65.00​

Tax

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment (USD$)
Please update us after you receive it, as they will undoubtably send you a new drone and camera in a plain black box. Very interested in the Aircraft FW version and the Precise Fly Safe Database (for Aircraft) version on the new replacement aircraft, as shown in the About page of GO 4. I need to send mine in for a bad gimbal, too, but don't want to lose my current FW and Precise Fly Safe Database (for Aircraft) version of 01.00.01.10

Last edited:
I got the drone back yesterday and you are correct, it looks like they sent me a brand new one which is fine with me. I had to set everything back up like I had it but have not looked at the FW version.
Very happy customer here and I was very skeptical about sending it in.....Glad I did now.

I got the drone back yesterday and you are correct, it looks like they sent me a brand new one which is fine with me. I had to set everything back up like I had it but have not looked at the FW version.
Very happy customer here and I was very skeptical about sending it in.....Glad I did now.
Eager to hear what the version numbers are on the About page in GO 4 on the new replacement aircraft! Screenshot would be great! So far, I opted to replace my broken M2P camera at my own expense ($600), rather than filing a $119 Refresh claim, knowing the replacement would likely have the polluted Precise Fly Database (for Aircraft) that no longer allows self-authorizing the blue Authorization Zones, requiring custom unlocking, which comes with a host of other issues that can lead to the loss of the aircraft! Apparently, the Custom Unlocks can only be for a circle with a radius that you request. No other shapes are possible! :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent