DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 newwwwb please help

BCMEDIC625

Reactions
Hey guys just got my first drone, purchased the mavic pro 2 with smart controller and fly more package. My question is what is some of your favorite mods or must haves, looking for any suggestions from props to carrying cases, software etc. Any literature or videos on training, setup, flying etc would be greatly appreciated, i would like to learn everything i can.

Reactions: Hauptmann
There are a lot of accessories out there for the Mavics. Personally - the only accessory I'd buy along with a new drone is a landing pad - and that's to preserve the drone by keeping dirt and foliage out of it, and to keep the prop's intact. Focus on flying skills first and you'll probably find that you come to the conclusion that there is an accessory that you'd like because of where and how you fly - or you might just find that the MP2 is pretty much complete as it is.
The best reference material is on YouTube ... My suggestion is to segment your learning into 3 areas:
- pre-flight set up of Go4 and the M2P
- basic flying skills progressing on to using Return to Home (so you know what it does and how it works)
- Camera set up for video & still photography

Hey guys just got my first drone, purchased the mavic pro 2 with smart controller and fly more package. My question is what is some of your favorite mods or must haves, looking for any suggestions from props to carrying cases, software etc. Any literature or videos on training, setup, flying etc would be greatly appreciated, i would like to learn everything i can.
I've never personally considered a landing pad for 2 reasons. First of all, since the original Mavic Pro, I choose a take off point with some contrast since The Home Point Has Been Recorded message has been reliable 100% of the time for me. The other consideration is I'm a minimalist being a senior who loves to hike. QQuick access to gear and light weight is critical. My Mavic Pro 2, with 2 extra batteries, filters, SC, etc. as well as Part 107 vest along with Olympus EM1 all fit into Mountain Smith sling bag. See attached pic. Video of how a sling bag is worn and accessed quickly:

The problem with the Mavic Pro 2 landing gear is they are too close to the ground.The perfect solution is Polarpro Retract Landing Gear

Attachments

• 20200624_093845.jpg
    20200624_093845.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 28
My M2P set is all stock including the carrying bag. If I were to name some must have, it will be a few pieces of tape for covering up the inner surface of the gimbal cover that comes into contact with the camera to prevent the camera from being scratched.

Other than that it will be good photo and video editing software like Photoshops and Premiere Pro. A faster computer for editing video will be super nice.

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

The M2P is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. But its camera is pretty low to the ground. The Polar Pro Retractable Landing Gear will take care of this. It's rather fragile, but PP will replace it if it breaks. I also recommend a variable ND filter, which you can leave on all the time. I use a Zadii hard case. It won't accommodate a Smart Controller without some modification, however.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot in Utah, that's for sure.

Practice using "Find My Drone" (chances are you will crash, and perhaps will lose your M2P). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it.

Be sure to read the manual!

Glad to have you with us!

Bought a hard case on amazon also water tight $49.00

The first thing I bought after my Mavic pro 2 was a set of 3 ND/Polarizing filters from Polarpro (4, 8, and 16 density). I use them in daylight to keep the shutter speed at 1/60 of a second and aperture f/4 when shooting videos.

I use a shoulder camera bag for my complete MP2 kit. The landing pad folds up just like Motorcycle's and I have that clipped to the camera bag handle in a tote bag for extra security (black bag on right). The MP2 folds up into an unused lens case. The props do have to come off but. that requires me to inspect them before attaching so it's all good. The camera case carries everything charger, three batts, extra props, RC, filter case, cords and an extra helmet.

Shoulder bag on one side, hiking stick on the other and I'm all set.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: BCMEDIC625
I use a shoulder camera bag for my complete MP2 kit. The landing pad folds up just like Motorcycle's and I have that clipped to the camera bag handle in a tote bag for extra security (black bag on right). The MP2 folds up into an unused lens case. The props do have to come off but. that requires me to inspect them before attaching so it's all good. The camera case carries everything charger, three batts, extra props, RC, filter case, cords and an extra helmet.

Shoulder bag on one side, hiking stick on the other and I'm all set.
Awesome. What are those red things are they prop protectors of some sort?

Awesome. What are those red things are they prop protectors of some sort?
Yep. Little rubber like cups that cover the motors. Found them on Amazon for 3 buck$, I think. The inside of the lens case has loose fabric, stops the spinners from catching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR