DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro or Evo 2 ... something to consider

Paulf10

Reactions
I’m in the middle of a bad service problem with DJI so i definitely lack objectivity. However I have been a long time fan of DJI drones and I’ve never had to deal with their service center until now. My issue is this......

I’ve been thinking of buying a new M2P for awhile. Then I saw the Evo2 and was thinking about that. Although the Evo2 would be somewhat of an unknown compared to the now tried and true M2Pro.

Then this really bad experience with DJI service center came up so I decided to look at DJI and Autel on the Better Business Bureau. This is what I found.

View attachment 95220
View attachment 95222

Reactions: Bekanne
As a business owner, I can tell you the BBB is one of the longest running scams out there. Basically you pay them and they give you a good rating. Notice that Autel has an A+ rating but 0 reviews. How did they get that rating? Hmm. ;)

Ok with that said, Autel drones look pretty good. I was torn between getting the M2P or the Evo2 as well, but ultimately decided in the M2P. Although I dislike DJI as a company, their drones ARE better, have a lot more support, and users. A much stronger community, higher resale value, more accessories and third party add-ons, Etc.

From what I just read in the Autel forum this virus has it shut down too as far as the Evo2 .And agree on the BBB.
DJI is what it is but I trust what I read from the members
in our different forums and they do seem to like thier customer service. Me been to long with DJI to start all over again.

I did a very through comparison between the Evo2 and M2P before making my decision.

Literally, the only advantage I could find in the Evo2 is that it is cheaper and doesn't have Geofencing.

I owned an original Evo before I passed it on to my youngest son and purchased a M2P with SC. The camera on the orig Evo was surprisingly good except in low light. The AC itself was trouble free and performed flawlessly for over a year. The one thing it lacked was "Bells and whistles" as far as flight features and camera features/modes. I was and still am NOT really a fan of DJI and how they operate, but I can accept the fact that DJI consumer drones are way ahead of everyone else in most regards. I hate the geofencing aspect, but I can understand it to a degree. I just think they take it way too far in some respects. I personally chose to insure my M2P through State Farm as opposed to ever having to rely on DJI customer service. It's like the age old Chevy versus Ford debate...Some people claim DJI has been good to them and others claim it's a nightmare to deal with them. I choose to NOT have to ever find out if possible. As for the Evo 2, I am not quite sure as of yet. I know id only opt for the 1" sensor version, but as with any brand new tech, I choose to give it time to get the bugs worked out before I invest my money. I am very happy with my M2P over a year in, and would do it all over again. One big sticking point for me is the after market for DJI drone parts and accessories. Autel has very little after market following/support as far as parts and accessories go, which is a bummer.

Yes and really read in our Autel forum as well as the others. Have said it before that’s were you really find out about the different brands. Take what you read and throw out 50% of that and you will get an idea what your buying into.
I see more DjI haters in Autel than anywhere. Course we have what,70% of the market here in the US.
The geofencing complaints we see here is nothing when the
FAA does come out with whatever it does and it won’t just
be this brand that has it all are going to have to comply .
Sure some will find away around it but is something to keep in mind. The next few years is going to be interesting to
say the least.

I’m in the middle of a bad service problem with DJI so i definitely lack objectivity. However I have been a long time fan of DJI drones and I’ve never had to deal with their service center until now. My issue is this......

I’ve been thinking of buying a new M2P for awhile. Then I saw the Evo2 and was thinking about that. Although the Evo2 would be somewhat of an unknown compared to the now tried and true M2Pro.

Then this really bad experience with DJI service center came up so I decided to look at DJI and Autel on the Better Business Bureau. This is what I found.

View attachment 95220
View attachment 95222
The links don't work.-here's what it says.."Oops- you do not have permission to view this"

The links don't work.-here's what it says.."Oops- you do not have permission to view this"
Wow! I cannot believe that you show the DJI Drone Service bad BBB listing. When ordering my Mavic 2 Pro I almost canceled my order with them because of this very listing. It's a bit of a long story, but the bottom line was I had a wonderful experience ordering from DJI Drone Service and the BBB listing was not for that company but a similar sounding company. I have nothing but good things to say about the purchase and the personal care and follow up from them.

Wow! I cannot believe that you show the DJI Drone Service bad BBB listing. When ordering my Mavic 2 Pro I almost canceled my order with them because of this very listing. It's a bit of a long story, but the bottom line was I had a wonderful experience ordering from DJI Drone Service and the BBB listing was not for that company but a similar sounding company. I have nothing but good things to say about the purchase and the personal care and follow up from them.
They want $800 annually and you become accredited and get an A rating.Take it w/ a grain of salt, 33 complaints in 3 years all resolved vs thousands of customers...

Reactions: Thomas B
They want $800 annually and you become accredited and get an A rating.Take it w/ a grain of salt, 33 complaints in 3 years all resolved vs thousands of customers...

Hi Steve- I figured you would see these posts!!! Glad to help.

Reactions: DDS
I did a very through comparison between the Evo2 and M2P before making my decision.

Literally, the only advantage I could find in the Evo2 is that it is cheaper and doesn't have Geofencing.

True...But I also wonder about the E2 camera compared to the M2P. My Evo had a really good camera and I often preferred the Evo video when watching comparison footage with the M2P. (Except low light) From what I have seen in comparison footage with the M2P and E2, I prefer the M2P footage by far. The E2 footage seems drab and doesn't "Pop" so to speak. To my old eyes, the original Evo camera looks better than the E2 in videos

One further thing to consider is the Evo camera is ultra wide at I believe 20mm (35mm film equivalent). I much prefer the native HQ mode with an equivalent FOV of around 42mm and the option to switch to wide which I believe is closer to 26mm. Narrower FOV tends to give greater cinematic feel in my experiences.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000