DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 or Mavic Mini

markcollins35

Reactions
I already have a mavic air and while i am generally happy with it two things bother me ,the flight duration and range, but i love the compact size. I am looking to add to my drones and wanted the forums advice on whether i should go for Mavic Mini which seems to increase my flight time but I'm worried that the range will be similar to the Mavic Air, or is it worth going the extra $$$ and getting a Mavic 2 Pro with similar flight time to the Air but has Occu Sync 2 giving longer range although it is going to be significantly larger.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

I already have a mavic air and while i am generally happy with it two things bother me ,the flight duration and range, but i love the compact size. I am looking to add to my drones and wanted the forums advice on whether i should go for Mavic Mini which seems to increase my flight time but I'm worried that the range will be similar to the Mavic Air, or is it worth going the extra $$$ and getting a Mavic 2 Pro with similar flight time to the Air but has Occu Sync 2 giving longer range although it is going to be significantly larger.

Many thanks in advance

Mark
Hi Mark , i have both and generally use mp2 for serious photography/videography and mini for social media Great for a spontaneous shoot on a walk or just throw in the car... btw mp2 has 30 mins flight time

Other differences you probably need to weigh up here, three obvious ones being very significant difference in imaging quality, intelligent flight modes and the ability to cope with wind. The CE compliant mini will probably fail to meet any range expectations you might have, probably to the extent it isn’t even a contender.

wanted the forums advice on whether i should go for Mavic Mini which seems to increase my flight time but I'm worried that the range will be similar to the Mavic Air, or is it worth going the extra $$$ and getting a Mavic 2 Pro
These drones are night and day. In addition to what you mentioned above, you can find the other major differences here.

If the size isn't the most important buying factor, then the Mavic 2 would be an easy choice (for me) for the following reasons:
  • Much better build quality
  • Not as fragile
  • Handles much better in the wind
  • Faster top speed (44 MPH vs. 29 MPH)
  • Better camera
  • Shoots RAW photos

I have an Air and also after 6 months use bought a m2. As others said the m2 is a no brainer. Flight time is double. Range is ridiculous compared to Air.
It is regularly windy here and the wind ability of the m2 is way better. I haven't flown the Air since.
Size wise just a little bigger. More weight though for carrying.

welcome to the forum,a few thoughts with whats going on in the world right now
as you will be aware there are going to be new rules coming in mid year, and also a possible new drone from DJI ,if you really must get a new drone then the M2P would be your best bet for its all round capabilities, but honestly if you can wait then at the moment it is not really the best time to be purchasing a new drone
i dont mean to sound negative just trying to give you a different perspective to your OP take care stay safe OMM

There's the option of used Mavic Pro , way better than the mini , cheaper than a brand new Mavic 2 pro .
I sell air and get regular Pro used. Better range, battery and seams more stable. Also noise is more then difference. Bag for transportation is almost same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost