DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 or wait for the Mavic Pro 3?

Repeated rumours of a replacement drone start not long after the existing device is released and will usually all be wrong until near the actual drone's launch when firm details will start to appear and give a good indication the new product will be launched soon.

If the Mavic 2 does what you want then I'd go for one now and get flying with it, you could be waiting a while for a newer drone and even then I doubt it will be a massive improvement enough to invalidate the Mavic 2. I bought a Mavic 1 shortly after launch and did also buy a Mavic Pro 2 on launch as well for its better camera but I don't regret the original drone, I've had a lot of use out of it and could have easily sold it on even though the better specced Mavic 2 had been released.

I was looking to purchase a Mavic Pro 2 but I heard rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be coming out the end of January. I was wondering if I should wait to just buy the Mavic Pro 2. Thanks
My current toy is my MPP. But I'm holding out for a Pro 3 or some such, with the hope it has ADS-B and maybe an improved 4K 60fps. Maybe it will never come, dunno.

I've seen the same rumours and if it's any consolation I'm facing the same dilemma in my own head too. I keep telling myself it's not long until the end of January and if there is any substance to the rumours there will be firmer info/leaks out well before then. Going to wait and see...

I would wait. Reason being that we are going into Winter, which means you wont have the good weather to fly, and the new one is only a few months away. You dont want to be regretting the decision and having to go through selling what you buy now.

That's what I'm thinking. Winter will be here soon and I won't get a chance to fly it much. I'm thinking I might do this. If it's still not released after March or April I'll probably pick up the mavic 2 pro.

That's what I'm thinking. Winter will be here soon and I won't get a chance to fly it much. I'm thinking I might do this. If it's still not released after March or April I'll probably pick up the mavic 2 pro.
I own the Mavic Air and am happy with it except for the fact that I have had two crashes due to no side (lateral) or top mounted sensors. That would be the main reason I switch to a Mavic Pro, if it had those sensors. What are the thoughts of the Mavic Pilots forum? I m not sure the existing Mavic Pros have these sensors or if there is a chance that a new release will feature these.

Why does the snow on the ground stop anyone from flying? Granted it’s cold, but you can warm your battery up.. and the unit.

OP, do what’s best. Again, if you want to wait... awesome.. if you can’t.. awesome.. it’s you who gains or looses. But, not knowing if the unit is coming would make me buy one now. If you don’t want to spend all the money, get a mini... ask your self.. what you’ll use it for? Maybe you can find a great deal on a used bird.

But, what will you use it for?

Reactions: JS1600
Now if you find someone desperate, like at your flying field, selling one for just a stupid low amount, then thats a different story, lol.

I was looking to purchase a Mavic Pro 2 but I heard rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be coming out the end of January. I was wondering if I should wait to just buy the Mavic Pro 2. Thanks
if i waited for the phantom 5 i would have missed the opportunity to buy the ph4p2.0 before dji ran out of stock,if i were you i would buy the m2 and if the m3 materializes then sell the m2 and buy the m3.

I was going to buy Mavic 2 Zoom back in March. Kept waiting. Ended up buying it last month and swear price has gone up a couple hundred dollars since earlier this year Love the aircraft. Appreciate all the tech help on line for it as well. My take away, should not have waited Does everything I need and more.

It's the same thing with smartphones and computers. As soon as you buy, the next model is being hyped. Most of the time, the next model is different but not a game changer so I get the best thing available to suit my needs and don't worry about what may or may not come next. Now, if DJI announces an official release date and it's no longer just a rumor, then that might change my mind. But having just bought the Mavic 2 Pro, I can't see regretting the purchase now. It's awesome.

I would wait. Reason being that we are going into Winter, which means you won't have the good weather to fly, and the new one is only a few months away. You don't want to be regretting the decision and having to go through selling what you buy now.
I fly my MP2 in the winter and get some great shots. I live in Iceland! From the rumours, it might only be 12megapixels. The MP2 has 20. Much better images.

Reactions: Gindra and ilkerkrn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji