DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 owner - Learning about video settings

ajzimme

Reactions
Hello. I am a relatively new Mavic pro owner. I have flown quite a bit over the last 4 months. I have been messing around with different video settings and have recently came across D-Log, and can appreciate the ability to adjust footage afterwards.
I recently created a video with the HDR setting...expecting it to look pretty good. On my phone it looked good at the time! I recently uploaded it to Youtube and it looks washed out and terrible. Not sure what I'm missing here, but I didn't over-expose the original video as far as I remember...I certainly would have noticed the washed out sky.
Anyway, take a look.

If this is what HDR looks like I'll never shoot in it again, it looks terrible...

Here's a screenshot of what it looked like on my phone when I shot it. It seems like Quicktime can render it correctly.

[update]
So I found out that I have to create a new library with Wide Color Gamut enabled, create a new project with 2020 HLG, then export from there.

Attachments

• Greenshot 2020-05-04 05.22.11.png
    Greenshot 2020-05-04 05.22.11.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: ajzimme and Xanadu
Hello. I am a relatively new Mavic pro owner. I have flown quite a bit over the last 4 months. I have been messing around with different video settings and have recently came across D-Log, and can appreciate the ability to adjust footage afterwards.
I recently created a video with the HDR setting...expecting it to look pretty good. On my phone it looked good at the time! I recently uploaded it to Youtube and it looks washed out and terrible. Not sure what I'm missing here, but I didn't over-expose the original video as far as I remember...I certainly would have noticed the washed out sky.
Anyway, take a look.

If this is what HDR looks like I'll never shoot in it again, it looks terrible...

Here's a screenshot of what it looked like on my phone when I shot it. It seems like Quicktime can render it correctly.

[update]
So I found out that I have to create a new library with Wide Color Gamut enabled, create a new project with 2020 HLG, then export from there.
You need to designate the videos/picsin you post as public on YouTube or we can’t see them.
BTW... Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Sorry about that guys. It took me awhile to figure out the process of exporting and working with H265 in final cut.
here is the final HDR result;

Reactions: Xanadu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S