Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 Soft on right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brocky120

Reactions
Hi guys,

New pilot here and picked up my Drone on Wednesday, flew it a quite a lot already (50,000ft) but possibly have an issue with the camera and wanted to hear opinions. The last 10-15% of the right side of the image seems to be rather smudged/soft and sometimes a little washed out. See image below:

F/4.0 - ISO 100 - 1/160s

1 1.jpg

I've done a few tests and cropped the left and right side of the images and stitched them together. Camera was in Aperture mode and just raised it up etc, focused on the centre point of the image every time i changed the aperture to ensure was equal.

F/3.2 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-LpsSeWCzyDERbanT.jpg

F/5.0 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-CpwRUCMdUu.jpg

F/5.6 - ISO 100 - 1/30s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-K0TiXWE4SyAuiS.jpg

Wondered peoples thought on this?

I've seen this a few times one here where the right third of the image is soft. They ended up contacting DJI support for a replacement / repair :(

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
I'm going to try this out and see if mine is affected.

Reactions: RogerMav
The M2P lens isn't perfect, honestly that doesn't look too bad. I have $2000 DSLR lenses with way more edge/corner variation than that and are "within spec". DJI might still replace it for you, but the new one might be worse - up to you. To me it looks like slightly decentered lens elements which is normal to a point. Keep in mind the extreme edges/corners will never look as good as the center on any lens, and examining 20MP images at 100% is like looking a print a few feet wide. Your testing is valid though so you need to decide if you want to play lens roulette again on a new one.

Reactions: Coskier
Sorry just got back on and seen this . You already have a thread on this so lets just stay in your first one .
Mavic 2 - soft on the right?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots