DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 2 zoom just before landing the controller said disconnected

Smartypants2

Reactions
While taking a short flight , I was returning back to me the drone was within 20 of landing. Then the drone started rotating and then the controller said disconnected ??
Then it flew straight up and said returning to home. I was having a heart attack praying I would get it back. As soon as it hit a altitude then it did return to home (thank God)
The controller also said low battery
The battery still had more than 25%
1) can anyone tell me how I can show you my flight log?
2) if the drone becomes disconnected from the controller does it Always return to home

Thanks for your help
Marty

While taking a short flight , I was returning back to me the drone was within 20 of landing. Then the drone started rotating and then the controller said disconnected ??
Then it flew straight up and said returning to home. I was having a heart attack praying I would get it back. As soon as it hit a altitude then it did return to home (thank God)
The controller also said low battery
The battery still had more than 25%
1) can anyone tell me how I can show you my flight log?
2) if the drone becomes disconnected from the controller does it Always return to home

Thanks for your help
Marty
First: 20 what? Distance measure please. Where were you flying? Please describe. Also tell us the type of controlling device and other such info may help to figure it all out.

Now in the order you asked:

• The default low battery warning is 30% I believe. You can adjust it in settings. Hence the warning.

• This behavior is also in the programming. RTH should commence after aircraft contact with the controller is lost for a specific amount of time by default. It can be cancelled I believe if contact resumes. The height at which the drone returns to home is also in settings and that’s why it climbed. 30 meters is default. Consider obstacles to be avoided when adjusting in settings.

• I don’t know about the rotation you describe.

Maybe sars will weigh in. Were you around something with a strong magnetic field? What was the last command you remember giving before the event?

Here’s how to upload your flight log for analysis:

Don’t get discouraged. Most of what you describe is appropriate drone behavior... and saved your bird.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
@Smartypants2, after uploading your TXT flight log here, post a link back here so we can review it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929